Solved

Gaming PC needed, £600 ($930) budget

hey i am a console gamer atm, but i want to switch to PC. i have never built a pc before and do not know the performance levels of the hundreds of different GPUs, CPUs, and other components out there, so i was referred to this site because you guys give good advice and builds im told. so can you please help me out? i am in the UK and i have a £600 budget, which is $930 dollars in the US.

i have a 32 inch hdtv, a 19 inch pc monitor with DVI and VGA ports, also i have an old keyboard and mouse from my very very old PC. i would like to use my small monitor as a 2nd screen

When are you purchasing the parts ?
roughly around September/October time because im guessing this is when the Battlefield 4 PC requirements will be released, so i can build my PC around those requirements

What is your budget ?
£600

What are your needs ?
purely gaming, on games such as battlefield 4 (when its released), crysis 3, dayZ etc etc. im happy with medium settings with a good FPS but if i can squeeze out high settings on some games im happy

Your expectations from the PC :
Gaming with good graphics and framerate. Medium settings, would be lovely if i could get high settings


Your location :
UK

Your preferred sellers/websites :
UK sellers. any. just get good prices and make sure they ship to the UK and sell in pounds

Are you upgrading or taking parts from any older PC/laptop ?

yeah monitor, tv, keyboard, mouse

Do you plan to upgrade this PC ?
yes

Do you need a OS or any other software ?

yes windows 7 64bit

Any other notes :

i would like it to be relatively quiet and well ventilated with a good case that has plenty of space. also i want some lights on the case with a see through side panel so i can see the lights and my components :D also maybe go for AMD parts? since battlefield 4 will be optimised for AMD. however this isnt a neccessity

Also I am not planning on overclocking

thanks in advance
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gaming needed 600 930 budget
  1. How about this?

    PCPartPicker part list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1qahr
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1qahr/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1qahr/benchmarks/

    CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor (£83.99 @ Aria PC)
    Motherboard: Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard (£58.54 @ CCL Computers)
    Memory: Kingston XMP Blu Red Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£49.73 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£45.59 @ Aria PC)
    Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7870 XT 2GB Video Card (£169.99 @ Aria PC)
    Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case (£47.98 @ Amazon UK)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 600W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply (£63.27 @ Amazon UK)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer (£12.94 @ Amazon UK)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) (£68.39 @ Aria PC)
    Total: £600.42
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-09 22:35 BST+0100)
  2. Maxime506 said:
    How about this?

    PCPartPicker part list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1qahr
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1qahr/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1qahr/benchmarks/

    CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor (£83.99 @ Aria PC)
    Motherboard: Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard (£58.54 @ CCL Computers)
    Memory: Kingston XMP Blu Red Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£49.73 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£45.59 @ Aria PC)
    Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7870 XT 2GB Video Card (£169.99 @ Aria PC)
    Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case (£47.98 @ Amazon UK)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 600W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply (£63.27 @ Amazon UK)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer (£12.94 @ Amazon UK)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) (£68.39 @ Aria PC)
    Total: £600.42
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-09 22:35 BST+0100)


    I was just about to post a pretty similar build to the +1 rep
  3. Maxime506 said:
    How about this?

    PCPartPicker part list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1qahr
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1qahr/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1qahr/benchmarks/

    CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor (£83.99 @ Aria PC)
    Motherboard: Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard (£58.54 @ CCL Computers)
    Memory: Kingston XMP Blu Red Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£49.73 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£45.59 @ Aria PC)
    Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7870 XT 2GB Video Card (£169.99 @ Aria PC)
    Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case (£47.98 @ Amazon UK)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 600W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply (£63.27 @ Amazon UK)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer (£12.94 @ Amazon UK)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) (£68.39 @ Aria PC)
    Total: £600.42
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-09 22:35 BST+0100)


    Thankyou! Does the case have a see through side panel with lights etc?? Also is 6 core better than 8 core? I heard that 8 core is better for gaming
  4. EZTiger said:


    Thankyou! Does the case have a see through side panel with lights etc?? Also is 6 core better than 8 core? I heard that 8 core is better for gaming



    No that case dont. look at the 300r window
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-Carbide-Series-CC-9011017-WW-Windowed/dp/B008B6ONXA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1376085291&sr=8-1&keywords=300r+windowed

    With the new console coming out, the eight will be better since games are gonna be optimized for it.
    If you can stretch your budget then do so.
  5. EZTiger said:
    Maxime506 said:
    How about this?

    Thankyou! Does the case have a see through side panel with lights etc?? Also is 6 core better than 8 core? I heard that 8 core is better for gaming



    No that case dont. look at the 300r window
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-Carbide-Series-CC-9011017-WW-Windowed/dp/B008B6ONXA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1376085291&sr=8-1&keywords=300r+windowed

    With the new console coming out, the eight will be better since games are gonna be optimized for it.
    If you can stretch your budget then do so.


    Ok, I can stretch my budget a little. Can you recommend a better 8 core processor?
  6. Best answer
    I have made a few changes to the list;

    PCPartPicker part list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1qaZM
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1qaZM/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1qaZM/benchmarks/

    CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor (£143.99 @ Aria PC)
    Motherboard: Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard (£58.54 @ CCL Computers)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£59.97 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£41.53 @ CCL Computers)
    Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7870 XT 2GB Video Card (£169.99 @ Aria PC)
    Case: Corsair Carbide Series 300R Windowed ATX Mid Tower Case (£69.13 @ Aria PC)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 600W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply (£63.27 @ Amazon UK)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer (£12.94 @ Amazon UK)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) (£68.39 @ Aria PC)
    Total: £687.75
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-09 23:09 BST+0100)

    Its a bit more but a better system overall. Do you plan to overclock? Also i have added a case with a see through window.
  7. ifreestylin said:
    I have made a few changes to the list;

    PCPartPicker part list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1qaZM
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1qaZM/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1qaZM/benchmarks/

    CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor (£143.99 @ Aria PC)
    Motherboard: Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard (£58.54 @ CCL Computers)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£59.97 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£41.53 @ CCL Computers)
    Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7870 XT 2GB Video Card (£169.99 @ Aria PC)
    Case: Corsair Carbide Series 300R Windowed ATX Mid Tower Case (£69.13 @ Aria PC)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 600W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply (£63.27 @ Amazon UK)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer (£12.94 @ Amazon UK)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) (£68.39 @ Aria PC)
    Total: £687.75
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-09 23:09 BST+0100)

    Its a bit more but a better system overall. Do you plan to overclock? Also i have added a case with a see through window.


    Thanks and no I am not
  8. You should look into OC if you want the most out of your system and if so, you gonna need a better cooler anyways your welcome
  9. Well in the future it will be steamroller FX- CPU who take care w/ future gen games. But still if u could stretch your budget FX-8350 will be a great choice.
  10. Maxime506 said:
    Well in the future it will be steamroller FX- CPU who take care w/ future gen games. But still if u could stretch your budget FX-8350 will be a great choice.



    I'll try
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Components