Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Is the GTX 690 worth it?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
August 10, 2013 12:51:43 AM

Is it actually worth it? I want to start recording games but people say its bad.

More about : gtx 690 worth

August 10, 2013 12:58:37 AM

yes & no
you can start by telling us what is your budget, gaming reolution etc. we can provide u with a better option. for 1000$ HELL NO
m
0
l

Best solution

August 10, 2013 1:01:49 AM

nikosm said:
Is it actually worth it? I want to start recording games but people say its bad.


Here is the deal. The 690gtx is the fastest performing single card that exists in the market today. However it is easily beaten by two lesser gpu's in sli considering that all the 690 really is is two 670's in sli on a single board. Therefore if your motherboard can support sli technology then it is actually best to go with a different option than the 690. For example dual 770's or 760's or 780's would be more powerful than the 690 at a much lower cost. Personally though if i had to choose a great gpu to get, i would go for a single 780 gtx. That gpu will get you to the highest graphics in every game for a long time coming, and also since its a single card, you can always upgrade it later on down the road if you realize that a single 780 just doesnt do it for you anymore. Also just so you know the 780 is based on the gtx titan which is a single gpu card that performes with considerably close to the dual gpu 690. Any more questions just ask away.
Share
Related resources
August 10, 2013 1:07:12 AM

Nope the 690 isnt the fastest GPU today..the 7990 has overtaken it in PRICE & PERFORMANCE. The 7990 will rape the 690 & titan with the latest 13.8 beta drivers
m
0
l
August 10, 2013 1:26:07 AM

Chaos2Theory said:
the 690 really is is two 670's in sli on a single board.


its actually 2 680s

Chaos2Theory said:
For example dual 770's or 760's or 780's would be more powerful than the 690 at a much lower cost.


dual 760s wouldn't, because a 760 is still weaker than a 680
m
0
l
August 10, 2013 9:41:33 PM

jinayhvora said:
Chaos2Theory said:
the 690 really is is two 670's in sli on a single board.


its actually 2 680s

Chaos2Theory said:
For example dual 770's or 760's or 780's would be more powerful than the 690 at a much lower cost.


dual 760s wouldn't, because a 760 is still weaker than a 680


Actually its two 670's.......
m
0
l
August 11, 2013 12:34:05 AM

its 680s, do ur research
m
0
l
August 11, 2013 4:20:56 PM

jinayhvora said:
its 680s, do ur research

You are still wrong....i mean you can go to nvidia's site, a million or so posts here. Both the 670 and the 680 are still the G104k gpu and that means they vary by clock times....which the 690 has the same clocks as the 670 in the reference model.
m
0
l
August 11, 2013 4:33:37 PM

Sorry Chaos, the GTX 690 is 2X GTX 680's. Each GPU has 1536 CUDA cores, same as the GTX 680. The GTX 670 only has 1344 CUDA cores.
m
0
l
August 11, 2013 4:41:55 PM

17seconds said:
Sorry Chaos, the GTX 690 is 2X GTX 680's. Each GPU has 1536 CUDA cores, same as the GTX 680. The GTX 670 only has 1344 CUDA cores.


Wait so because the 670 has a disabled smx core that means that suddenly they are different gpu's? From my perspective it really shouldn't matter because they are exactly the same gpu's i mean the cluster is still there, just not turned on.
m
0
l
August 11, 2013 7:59:25 PM

by ur logic the Titan and the 780 are the same yet there's a 350$ price difference between them
m
0
l
!