i3 3220 vs fx 4300 more futureproof

vince232

Honorable
Aug 6, 2013
hi guys im going to build a budget desktop and my option is the 3220 and 4300. im just thinking which of the 2 is more futureproof. i saw this on youtube and it says a dual core is enough for gaming but for future a quad core may be necessary. i know intel is better in gaming but it is only a 2 core with 4 threads compared to a 4 true cores and 4 threads. which one do you think is more future proof?

this is the video on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4PDoy-mi0A

tomate2

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
wow... thats pretty hateful coming from a guy that calls others fanboys
developers are trying to take advantage of the extra cores but currently most games benefit more from higher single core processing
the fx chips are a bit more power hungry than the i3 but they dont lose to it on all benchmarks either
you should do good for now on a i3 for mid gaming

He stated no hate, and what he said was not necessarily wrong. There are other factors that come to play, such as the GPU that will be paired with the CPU. However, I would not buy a dual core for gaming. (Keep in mind, the FX 4300 is effectively a dual core, 4 threads.) That is why I suggested the 6300, which has some extra resources that more and more games are going to be able to take advantage of. Also, with the Fx 6300, you have a very large OC ability, which can push even more performance out of a lower end chip.

http://us.hardware.info/reviews/3314/23/amd-fx-8350--8320--6300-vishera-review-finally-good-enough-fx-8350-vs-i5-3550--fx-6300-vs-i3-3220

As you can see, the FX 6300 outperforms the i3 in almost every task. There is no fanboyism here, just better bang for buck.

Vacka

Honorable
Aug 10, 2013
Hey dude! If I were you I would definitely go with the i3! Reason being it is not actual a dual core technically speaking. It features something called hyper-threading that allows windows to see it as a quad core cpu! This cpu is also very future proof because you can upgrade to i5s and i7s! Amd's cpus are no where near to as good as the intel ones for gaming. The i3 will show pretty much the same performance as the 4300 and is more future proof.

TRENDING THREADS