Just got a 7950 and I think my phenom 965 @ 3.9 GHz is severely bottleneck it.

XSoloDolo

Honorable
Jul 7, 2013
Now i'm not entirely sure if its my processor or i just got a bad video card because with this card i'm getting the same performance i did with my 7850 and sometime even slightly worst. and if it is my proccesor holding my back i'm not sure which proccesor i should upgrade to staying on a am3+ mother board im thinking either a 8320 or an 8350 i would overclock both but im also on a budget after the fact that i just bought a 7950 so the best bang for buck and performance increase i can get from the processor would be much obliged.

Solution
That does sound like a bottleneck. First thing you want to do is overclock it more, and see how much more performance you could get. If you don't feel comfortable with overclocking it, then the FX 8320 has amazing bang for buck, and it overclocks like a beast.
That does sound like a bottleneck. First thing you want to do is overclock it more, and see how much more performance you could get. If you don't feel comfortable with overclocking it, then the FX 8320 has amazing bang for buck, and it overclocks like a beast.

Solution

XSoloDolo

Honorable
Jul 7, 2013

I might go with the 8320 because this is the highest I can overclock my processor without getting bsod's and cold boots how much of an increase would i get if i do go with the 8320 and how high would a decent overclock be with the 8320.

+1. The 8320 will get to 4.0 on the stock cooler, believe it or not. If you have a decent aftermarket, It will have no problem going higher.