Solved

Need help with fan set up

I recently built a new rig and got everything in but i don't have all my fans in yet.

I have an antec h2o 920 for my cpu cooling with the rad on the back of my case and a 200mm fan for intake on the front of my case. From what I've read it says I should have my radiator as intake in the back.

I have 2 more fans; one for the side and one for the top and i have know idea how i should actually have my intake/output set up. Anybody have any advice?
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about fan set
  1. What case?
  2. nostall said:
    What case?


    Haf 912
  3. I would move the 200mm up top as an exhaust fan, put a 120 in front as an intake and the last 120 on the side panel as an intake.
    If you aren't happy with temps after you have it running, try setting up the Antec as an exhaust, However I think you will get pretty good cooling with the above setup. That 200mm will suck out a LOT of heat.
    If you have an extra 120mm after all this, put it as a front intake also.
  4. nostall said:
    I would move the 200mm up top as an exhaust fan, put a 120 in front as an intake and the last 120 on the side panel as an intake.
    If you aren't happy with temps after you have it running, try setting up the Antec as an exhaust, However I think you will get pretty good cooling with the above setup. That 200mm will suck out a LOT of heat.
    If you have an extra 120mm after all this, put it as a front intake also.


    I don't think the 200 will fit on top because I have 2 200mm fans but because of the large rad with the h2o 920 it won't fit
  5. forev3r said:
    nostall said:
    I would move the 200mm up top as an exhaust fan, put a 120 in front as an intake and the last 120 on the side panel as an intake.
    If you aren't happy with temps after you have it running, try setting up the Antec as an exhaust, However I think you will get pretty good cooling with the above setup. That 200mm will suck out a LOT of heat.
    If you have an extra 120mm after all this, put it as a front intake also.


    I don't think the 200 will fit on top because I have 2 200mm fans but because of the large rad with the h2o 920 it won't fit


    It might be worth the hassle of trying it, even if it is a tight fit: I think that 200mm will squeeze in ther. If it really won't fit, the put 1 120 on the side for intake and the last 120 up top.
  6. and I dont have to worry about my h2o 920 just leave it exhausting through the back?
  7. forev3r said:
    and I dont have to worry about my h2o 920 just leave it exhausting through the back?


    Thought you said it was set up as an intake; pulling outside air over the rad as suggested by Antec?
  8. nostall said:
    forev3r said:
    and I dont have to worry about my h2o 920 just leave it exhausting through the back?


    Thought you said it was set up as an intake; pulling outside air over the rad as suggested by Antec?


    no i have it as exhaust, but i can switch it
  9. Best answer
    Yah, go ahead and leave it as an exhaust.
    Set the side fan as intake and top as exhaust and that should be pretty even airflow.
    Install one or both of these programs and watch your CPU temps over a few days or weeks:
    CortTemp. This can be set to show CPU temp in the tray/bottom of your desktop.
    http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/
    HWINFO64 (I;have found this one to be more accurate then CPU-Z from CPUID)
    http://www.hwinfo.com/

    Then if you want to try it, reverse the Antec 920 to intake and see if it reduces your CPU temp any. Nothing else would need to change, and you would end up with a little more inflow then out which is sometimes a good thing.
  10. Alright, thanks for the help!
  11. forev3r said:
    Alright, thanks for the help!


    Your very welcome. Thanks for joining the Forum.
Ask a new question

Read More

Antec Fan Components