Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

i7 what is too hot

Last response: in CPUs
Share
August 11, 2013 1:18:46 AM

Hi, Ive just changed my pc case to an arcrylic see through case but i am a bit worried about the temps i'm getting i'm running the i7 3770k with boost to 3.9 Ghz using the artic Freezer 13 cooler idle i'm getting 32-35c and in multi-player games 69-72c should i be worried?, i cannot find definitive answers at what temps are ok for the processor even on intel's website pls if some knows let me know thanks

More about : hot

a c 91 à CPUs
August 11, 2013 1:20:45 AM

Upto 100C are okay for Intel CPUs.

No worries.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
August 11, 2013 1:23:59 AM

those are good temps, nothing to worry, try running a stress test like Prime95 though
m
0
l
Related resources
August 11, 2013 1:27:08 AM

jinayhvora said:
those are good temps, nothing to worry, try running a stress test like Prime95 though


i will do though i'm sure reaching 100c is very bad for a pc
m
0
l
August 11, 2013 1:27:41 AM

luckiest charm said:
Upto 100C are okay for Intel CPUs.

No worries.


100c you sure
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
August 11, 2013 1:36:38 AM

no, 100 is bad, i used P95 and stopped in panic when it reached 85,
m
0
l
August 11, 2013 1:39:03 AM

jinayhvora said:
no, 100 is bad, i used P95 and stopped in panic when it reached 85,

yes i think i would PANIC as well lol
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 91 à CPUs
August 11, 2013 1:42:33 AM

Ehh .. No ...

Anything higher than 100C is dangerous for Intel CPUs.
They are designed to tolerate temperatures below that.

When it comes to AMD CPUs, their max is 60C.

If you have Intel CPU, upto 100C won't damage your chip. However 90C should not be crossed.
My Core i5 2500K stays at 60C Idle and tops out at 85C. No blue screen since I bought it.

Well high temperatures are because in summers, India gets very hot.
Share
a b à CPUs
August 11, 2013 1:47:47 AM

wait what? 60 at idle? that's too much even for Indian summers, my 2400 stays at 45-50 in idle and i think that's bad
m
0
l
August 11, 2013 1:48:05 AM

luckiest charm said:
Ehh .. No ...

Anything higher than 100C is dangerous for Intel CPUs.
They are designed to tolerate temperatures below that.

When it comes to AMD CPUs, their max is 60C.

If you have Intel CPU, upto 100C won't damage your chip. However 90C should not be crossed.
My Core i5 2500K stays at 60C Idle and tops out at 85C. No blue screen since I bought it.

Well high temperatures are because in summers, India gets very hot.


Now that explanation sounds more reasonable
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
August 11, 2013 1:48:36 AM

Your temps are fine, but if everything is stock then you can drop the coltage and lower them even more.
m
0
l
a c 91 à CPUs
August 11, 2013 1:54:25 AM

Oops my apologies. Its 50C Idle. 85C at max load. Core i5 2500K - New Delhi, India.

Dropping 'voltage' is not advised. It can result in blue screens if not done properly as it provides lesser energy to your CPU so it finds trouble maintaining its stock clock speeds. Stock voltage and Stock clock speeds are best. Voltage should only be increased. And increased only when you are having trouble maintaining a definite clock speed (Say 4.8 GHz).
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
August 11, 2013 1:56:15 AM

yes, that's now similar to mine in Mumbai
m
0
l
!