Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX760 2GB OC or Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX760 OC 2GB ?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
August 11, 2013 4:33:32 AM

Which one is better?

MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX760 2GB OC or Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX760 OC 2GB ?
August 11, 2013 4:41:48 AM

both are equally good but i go with gigabyte windforce 760
m
0
l
November 15, 2013 5:39:19 AM

I'd suggest the MSI.
~Higher Clock
~Great Cooling
~Silent

The Gigabyte Windforce is very long and because of the three fans its noisy at times, but thats the price you pay for amazing cooling. Also the MSI has 4 heat pipes while the Gigabyte Windforce has 3

The MSI N760 Hawk is the best 760 you can get
~Highest clock
~Fabulous cooling
~Dual Bios
~Blackplate
~5 Heat pipes
~Dead Silent if not silent
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

November 15, 2013 5:58:27 AM

I have the Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX760 OC 2GB Rev. 2 and can vouch that it's quiet and fast. It comes out of the box with the same clocks as the MSI and even though it has the three fans, it doesn't have to work as hard to cool the card so a common misconception is that it would be loud which is incorrect.

The MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX760 2GB OC is also a great card. You really can't go wrong with either one.

I do agree with blankinsanity that the MSI N760 HAWK NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 would be an even better option with a custom PCB, higher clocks, dual bios, and better cooling but it does cost more so that may not be an option for you.

If you can afford the Sapphire Radeon R9 280X, I would highly recommend going that route instead because it's a much better card all around. The 280X is the same level card as the GTX 770 but for just under $300.

Any of the aforementioned cards would be great for you at 1080p but if you game at resolutions higher than 1080p you really should look at the 280X.
Share
November 15, 2013 7:49:37 AM

NUbPUb8 said:
I have the Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX760 OC 2GB Rev. 2 and can vouch that it's quiet and fast. It comes out of the box with the same clocks as the MSI and even though it has the three fans, it doesn't have to work as hard to cool the card so a common misconception is that it would be loud which is incorrect.

The MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX760 2GB OC is also a great card. You really can't go wrong with either one.

I do agree with blankinsanity that the MSI N760 HAWK NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 would be an even better option with a custom PCB, higher clocks, dual bios, and better cooling but it does cost more so that may not be an option for you.

If you can afford the Sapphire Radeon R9 280X, I would highly recommend going that route instead because it's a much better card all around. The 280X is the same level card as the GTX 770 but for just under $300.

Any of the aforementioned cards would be great for you at 1080p but if you game at resolutions higher than 1080p you really should look at the 280X.


Pick this is a solution, though I'd reccomend the Asus R9 280x instead
m
0
l
November 15, 2013 8:20:03 AM

BlankInsanity said:
NUbPUb8 said:
I have the Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX760 OC 2GB Rev. 2 and can vouch that it's quiet and fast. It comes out of the box with the same clocks as the MSI and even though it has the three fans, it doesn't have to work as hard to cool the card so a common misconception is that it would be loud which is incorrect.

The MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX760 2GB OC is also a great card. You really can't go wrong with either one.

I do agree with blankinsanity that the MSI N760 HAWK NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 would be an even better option with a custom PCB, higher clocks, dual bios, and better cooling but it does cost more so that may not be an option for you.

If you can afford the Sapphire Radeon R9 280X, I would highly recommend going that route instead because it's a much better card all around. The 280X is the same level card as the GTX 770 but for just under $300.

Any of the aforementioned cards would be great for you at 1080p but if you game at resolutions higher than 1080p you really should look at the 280X.


Pick this is a solution, though I'd reccomend the Asus R9 280x instead


I agree with the ASUS R9280X-DC2T-3GD5 but it does cost a bit more than the Sapphire. I was trying to stay as close to the 760 price as possible.
m
0
l
November 15, 2013 12:24:57 PM

NUbPUb8 said:
BlankInsanity said:
NUbPUb8 said:
I have the Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX760 OC 2GB Rev. 2 and can vouch that it's quiet and fast. It comes out of the box with the same clocks as the MSI and even though it has the three fans, it doesn't have to work as hard to cool the card so a common misconception is that it would be loud which is incorrect.

The MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX760 2GB OC is also a great card. You really can't go wrong with either one.

I do agree with blankinsanity that the MSI N760 HAWK NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 would be an even better option with a custom PCB, higher clocks, dual bios, and better cooling but it does cost more so that may not be an option for you.

If you can afford the Sapphire Radeon R9 280X, I would highly recommend going that route instead because it's a much better card all around. The 280X is the same level card as the GTX 770 but for just under $300.

Any of the aforementioned cards would be great for you at 1080p but if you game at resolutions higher than 1080p you really should look at the 280X.


Pick this is a solution, though I'd reccomend the Asus R9 280x instead


I agree with the ASUS R9280X-DC2T-3GD5 but it does cost a bit more than the Sapphire. I was trying to stay as close to the 760 price as possible.


Keep in mind the investment you want to make. If you want the 760 then the Hawk is your best investment because it'll last you the longest of all of them.

for the 280X the Asus stands for this as well only beaten by the Sapphire Toxic which is very high priced and buying a 770 would be more Ideal.

The ASUS R9 280X has some of the top ratings for an aftermarket 280X. So I'd suggest getting than rather than the Sapphire 280X because it's a better investment and will last you in the years to come
m
0
l
!