i5 750 oc best air cooler

Solution
I'm running at 3.6GHz on an older Hyper212 Plus with no problems, it's even quiet-although the fan spins up under Prime95 or Linpack loading.
I really cannot say if the 212 Evot will fit, it's larger than the Arctic Freezer currently installed, so I'll just repeat that you'll have to get a measure out and check their website for its dimensions.
How hard do you want to push it?
For moderate overclocks like mine (3.4GHz) the Coolermaster Hyper 212 is fine.
Intel boards are not known for welcoming overclockers, (being stable and reliable yes, but not overclocking), check it supports CPU voltage and RAM timing changes, without those any overclock will be limited.

minimejmd

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012
it supports it all im not going to go crazy like 4-5ghz just something around 3.3-3.6 i just want a cooler thats really effective and can be quiet if needed like im alright changing the speed like via speedfan

You should not need to change voltages for such a 'tame' OC and I'll advise you to leave them alone (unless you've done plenty of research ;) ) overvolting is the quickest way to a fried part.
If you're not going to push it hard then the Hyper 212 series is pretty well ideal although the new Thermalright 120 reviewed here:
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/thermalright-true-spirit-heat-sink,review-32752.html
May be a little better but availability varies.

minimejmd

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012
just wondering but would a Scythe Ashura CPU Cooler be any good on this

http://tinypic.com/r/jttamp/5

TBH those temperatures are fine, although I suspect the cooler fan is running hard and fast to get them.
Looks like your system has a small motherboard, either the memory or graphics card look likely to interfere with a larger cooler and I can't scale the dimensions accurately enough to be sure if any given cooler will fit-sorry, looks like you'll have to get the tape measure out and check on the manufacturers websites to ensure a new cooler will fit. If you thi8nk one is needed.

I'm running at 3.6GHz on an older Hyper212 Plus with no problems, it's even quiet-although the fan spins up under Prime95 or Linpack loading.
I really cannot say if the 212 Evot will fit, it's larger than the Arctic Freezer currently installed, so I'll just repeat that you'll have to get a measure out and check their website for its dimensions.

Solution