Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Motherboard supports USB 3.0 But my Case does not?

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
August 11, 2013 9:39:33 PM

Hey everyone I have a question.

If i have a motherboard with USB 3 ports on the rear I/O but my case only has USB 2 on the front panel, does that mean the USB 3 ports on the rear I/O will not function? Do they still work as USB 3? or are they converted to USB 2 speeds?

Thanks in advance :) 

Best solution

a c 200 V Motherboard
August 11, 2013 9:43:35 PM

Your rear USB 3 slots will be USB 3, No problem.
Share
August 11, 2013 9:57:38 PM

USAFRet said:
Your rear USB 3 slots will be USB 3, No problem.


Oh thats such a relief :D  thanks. So even though i dont have a usb3 header, the back usb 3 will still function as USB 3 speeds? :D  yay. Now i can save some cash. Thank you!
m
0
l
Related resources
August 11, 2013 10:09:08 PM

I'm just curious, how do the USB 3 ports on the Rear I/O function without a header? is it powered by the 24pin? sorry i'm new at this.
m
0
l
a c 200 V Motherboard
August 11, 2013 10:28:56 PM

MRC390 said:
I'm just curious, how do the USB 3 ports on the Rear I/O function without a header? is it powered by the 24pin? sorry i'm new at this.


The 'header' is there for the rear, just built into the motherboard. The front needs the header pins, because they don't know what case you are putting it into, and how long to make the cable.
m
0
l
August 11, 2013 11:48:06 PM

USAFRet said:
MRC390 said:
I'm just curious, how do the USB 3 ports on the Rear I/O function without a header? is it powered by the 24pin? sorry i'm new at this.


The 'header' is there for the rear, just built into the motherboard. The front needs the header pins, because they don't know what case you are putting it into, and how long to make the cable.

Awesome. This is good for me because my Coolermaster HAF 912 doesn't have USB 3.0 in the front, but my motherboard has USB 3.0 in the rear I/O. Thanks :D 
m
0
l
!