Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

What is The best cooler for an FM2 Socket with an AMD A10-5800K APU for gaming

Tags:
  • Gaming
  • Cooling
  • AMD
  • CPUs
  • Socket
Last response: in CPUs
August 11, 2013 9:39:46 PM

What is The best cooler for an FM2 Socket with an AMD A10-5800K APU for gaming. i want one so i can overclock without worrying that the apu will overheat and i have about $40 dollars to spend. and im not wanting a liquid cooler

More about : cooler fm2 socket amd a10 5800k apu gaming

a b à CPUs
August 11, 2013 9:50:00 PM

Based on the info you provided, one of the best budget heatsink/coolers to buy for approx. $40 is the CM Hyper 212 Evo.
m
0
l
a c 302 4 Gaming
a c 568 À AMD
a c 828 à CPUs
August 11, 2013 9:51:38 PM

For any socket or cpu combo the universal coolermaster hyper 212 is the best cooler to use in almost all cases for no overclocking, to light overclocks. So I would say get the hyper 212 evo, as it is at the upper range of your budget, and is one of the most recommended cpu coolers on the market.
m
0
l
Related resources
August 11, 2013 10:08:02 PM

Gam3r01 said:
For any socket or cpu combo the universal coolermaster hyper 212 is the best cooler to use in almost all cases for no overclocking, to light overclocks. So I would say get the hyper 212 evo, as it is at the upper range of your budget, and is one of the most recommended cpu coolers on the market.


My regular processing with no overclock is 3.8ghz with overclocking of 4.2ghz, would the hyper 212 EVO still work out for that?
m
0
l

Best solution

a b à CPUs
August 11, 2013 10:14:41 PM

Computer guy1441 said:
Gam3r01 said:
For any socket or cpu combo the universal coolermaster hyper 212 is the best cooler to use in almost all cases for no overclocking, to light overclocks. So I would say get the hyper 212 evo, as it is at the upper range of your budget, and is one of the most recommended cpu coolers on the market.


My regular processing with no overclock is 3.8ghz with overclocking of 4.2ghz, would the hyper 212 EVO still work out for that?

The Hyper 212 Evo is more then capable of handling an OC of 4.2GHz on the A10. I have used one successfully on an FX-8320 running at 4.2GHz.
Share
a c 302 4 Gaming
a c 568 À AMD
a c 828 à CPUs
August 11, 2013 10:56:12 PM

Yeah the evo will have no problem getting it that high, the cheaper hyper 212 plus might, but the evo will handle it well. Im probably going to get up to 4.0-4.2 GHz on my cpu once I get my evo for this rig.
m
0
l
January 8, 2014 2:04:15 PM

Do you people not know that the hyper 212 evo isn't compatible with fm2, only fm1? I know because I bought it and found out the hard way.
m
0
l
February 12, 2014 12:24:22 PM

radiovan said:
Based on the info you provided, one of the best budget heatsink/coolers to buy for approx. $40 is the CM Hyper 212 Evo.


I bought that thinking it would work. IT DOES NOT WORK. Its made for the fm1's but not the fm2's
m
0
l
April 12, 2014 12:34:14 AM

Anyone who says an Evo-212 Hyper cannot fit on a FM2 had better check their mechanical ability. I have 2 Asus A85-V Pros from Asus with 2 A-10 / 5800k AMD processors on the boards, which are FM2 sockets and they fit and work just fine with the Hyper 210 Evo. Oh. They are clocked to 4.3 GHz and run at a cool 29 to 32 Celsius. So, for those of you that CAN'T seem to fit them on your boards, I would suggest getting a technician (a.k.a.) IT professional to fit one on for you. They really do fit. The X-harness folds two ways for those of you who don't know how to work them. If it doesn't fit the one way that means you have the X-harness in backwards. So read the instructions if you think it doesn't fit.
m
0
l