Future Resistant Specs

I was wondering whether these Specs would last games for at least the next 3 years:

CPU Overclocking: oc43 - 4.3Ghz - Moderate Overclock
CPU: 2202 - Intel Core i7 4770K
CPU Cooler: 3022 - Corsair H100i Extreme Water Cooler
Operating System: 11014 - Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Motherboard: 4183 - Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H
RAM: 5057 16GB Corsair 1866mhz Vengeance (2x8GB)
Hard Drive: 6045 Plextor 128GB M5S SSD S-ATAIII 6.0Gb/s
Additional Storage: 6029 - 2TB S-ATAIII 6.0Gb/s
Optical Drive: 7003 - 22x DVD±RW DL S-ATA
Graphics card: 8100 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 3GB
Sound card: 10012 - Asus Xonar DGX PCI-E 5.1
Case: 17073 - Coolermaster 690 II Advanced NVIDIA
PSU: 18036 - 1050W Corsair HX Modular
6 answers Last reply
More about future resistant specs
  1. yeah more than three years. why not buy the i7 4770k ?
  2. muayyad AJ said:
    yeah more than three years. why not buy the i7 4770k ?


    Im trying to keep a low enough price but you may have just persuaded me to spend that extra £88 :)
  3. Depends.
    Do you expect to be getting max settings in the latest games for the next three years, or are you going to be lowering settings? What resolution?
  4. manofchalk said:
    Depends.
    Do you expect to be getting max settings in the latest games for the next three years, or are you going to be lowering settings? What resolution?


    I would like to keep max settings but honestly I don't mind lowering a few settings here and there and my resolution is most likely 1920x1080
  5. If your playing at 1080p, it would be fair to say even a single 780 could be considered overkill. Stick with the one card until you have reason too upgrade (namely, once you buy two more screens for Surround gaming or a 1440p).
  6. manofchalk said:
    If your playing at 1080p, it would be fair to say even a single 780 could be considered overkill. Stick with the one card until you have reason too upgrade (namely, once you buy two more screens for Surround gaming or a 1440p).


    I was thinking of adding a second screen but it wouldn't be used for the game it would just be for like battlelog or youtube while the games open
Ask a new question

Read More

Peripherals