FX-4100 Overheating Issue

abhoy11

Honorable
Aug 12, 2013
Hi friends,
Recently I've got an FX-4100 cpu with Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 mobo, it work well. Now the Issue is after installing a new Asus radeon hd 7770 gpu my cpu overheating upto 80 degree cel. and shutting down pc after few mins. I have 600 watt smps. pls advice me some solution, Thanks

Solution
The most likely thing to happen is that there not a good airflow in your case. The heat produced by the CPU and GPU stays in the case. There's not enough fresh air coming from the outside and the heat keeps accumulating and causing an overheat.

Try running your PC with the side panel open. If it does get better, you should improve the airflow or get a better case. Tie the unused wires together, remove the dust, add some case fans and it should improve the overall airflow.

Lord_Kitty

Honorable
May 31, 2013
The most likely thing to happen is that there not a good airflow in your case. The heat produced by the CPU and GPU stays in the case. There's not enough fresh air coming from the outside and the heat keeps accumulating and causing an overheat.

Try running your PC with the side panel open. If it does get better, you should improve the airflow or get a better case. Tie the unused wires together, remove the dust, add some case fans and it should improve the overall airflow.

Solution