Solved

Which is best a AMD FX 8350 Overclocked to 5Ghz or a Sandy Bridge-E,Or Ivy Bridge-E?

This is gonna be used in gaming.I'm gonna be using Dual GTX 780s (2 Way SLI GTX 780s),A single 2560x1440 or 2560x1600 Monitor,Playing on ultra settings,And gonna be using 2560x1440 or 2560x1600 Resolution.The games i'm gonna be playing are The Battlefield Series,Far Cry Series,Batman Trilogy,Grand Theft Auto Series,The Saints Row Series,The Mirror Edge Series,The Resident Evil Series,The Mass Effect Series,The Bioshock Series,And Many Other Big AAA Games.Is the AMD FX 8350 overclocked to 5Ghz good enough with the Dual 780s to put all those games above on ultra settings.The Specifactions are a CPU that won't Burn out the motherboard and GPUs,A CPU that won't burn out even with a Expensive Liquid Cooling System,A CPU That will put all those games on ultra settings,A CPU that will put Ultra settings On future AAA Games (By that i mean a CPU that the ultra settings will last maybe a couple of years).
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about amd 8350 overclocked 5ghz sandy bridge ivy bridge
  1. core i5-2500k overclocked to 4.4- 4.6 on air :pt1cable:
  2. Best answer
    JacobDG0821 said:
    This is gonna be used in gaming.I'm gonna be using Dual GTX 780s (2 Way SLI GTX 780s),A single 2560x1440 or 2560x1600 Monitor,Playing on ultra settings,And gonna be using 2560x1440 or 2560x1600 Resolution.The games i'm gonna be playing are The Battlefield Series,Far Cry Series,Batman Trilogy,Grand Theft Auto Series,The Saints Row Series,The Mirror Edge Series,The Resident Evil Series,The Mass Effect Series,The Bioshock Series,And Many Other Big AAA Games.Is the AMD FX 8350 overclocked to 5Ghz good enough with the Dual 780s to put all those games above on ultra settings.The Specifactions are a CPU that won't Burn out the motherboard and GPUs,A CPU that won't burn out even with a Expensive Liquid Cooling System,A CPU That will put all those games on ultra settings,A CPU that will put Ultra settings On future AAA Games (By that i mean a CPU that the ultra settings will last maybe a couple of years).


    It's going to take a lot of cooling to keep the 8350 at 5.0ghz cool.
    But a lot of those games you mentioned are best with intel. Just because of how single threaded they are.

    Ivy bridge runs hot, but sandy doesn't. And you can also overclock sandy cpu's really high with only a 5% perfomance difference between the two. If i was you, i would get the 2600k. It's powerful enough to power both of your cards and play those games, and the extra threads will be useful for future games.
  3. In3rt1a said:


    You linked to a non-K version. Anyway, if there is a MicroCenter nearby, $250: http://www.microcenter.com/product/388575/Core_i7_3770K_35GHz_Socket_LGA_1155_Boxed_Processor

    I got mine for $220 from them.
  4. yyk71200 said:
    In3rt1a said:


    You linked to a non-K version. Anyway, if there is a MicroCenter nearby, $250: http://www.microcenter.com/product/388575/Core_i7_3770K_35GHz_Socket_LGA_1155_Boxed_Processor

    I got mine for $220 from them.


    My bad, sorry.
  5. Cooling an AMD FX 8350 at 5ghz isn't that hard actually you only need a closed loop system cooling at air you are more likely to get around 4,5-4,7 stable for all 8 cores.
    turbo core overclocking will also remain an option this means an extra overclock on top of your standard overclock due to lower thermals. this is great for single core performance and comes in handy when gaming is concerned. just look at FSB + Turbo at this guide for everything you need to know regarded to FX overclocking http:// FX8350 wont disappoint in terms of raw performance and is good for SLI. investing much more in a ivybridge-E system might not be worth it as it is much less cost effective. FX 8350 with a decent overclock is a solid performer.
  6. Buy an fx 4100. I play all games at max settings with that monster.
  7. Nick Benedetto said:
    Buy an fx 4100. I play all games at max settings with that monster.


    So much bottleneck, he's gonna have 780's SLI! Oh yeah go for intel I'm not a fanboy but i7 4770K would be awesome. If you have the extra money go for an intel processor, you want to future proof and you don't want any bottlenecking. If you're going for video recording and editing, then get a high end AMD processor, otherwise intel is best for games. Or you could go for an INTEL PENTIUM D clocked at 3.4Ghz which is good if you want your pc to turn on in above 2 minutes yay :)

    My Build:
    Intel Pentium Dual Core 3.4Ghz
    Shitty Intel Motherboard
    2GB 667Mhz RAM
    Nvidia 7300LE 256MB Graphics
    320W Power Supply Non Branded
    320GB HDD 5400RPM
    Some Shitty Dell Case

    With my build I run minecraft at 20 frames per second on lowest settings. I don't reach minimum specifications to play battlefield 3, but I can't wait until my dream comes true where a rich person donates me $2000 so I can afford to build a pc and reach level 1 on BF3 yayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayay :)
  8. Screw i7s and 780 Ti's For that resolution, get a FX 8350 and OC it yourself! Then crossfire 2 r9 290X's! You'll have a BEAST rig!

    If you already have the 780s, a FX 8350 is still a better option because of the Resolution, You have removed the bottleneck. Infact, bottleneck is a loose term. It'd take a FX 6300 or i3 to create a bottleneck in that system. At least with the FX 8350 you get 8 Actual cores.
  9. griptwister said:
    Screw i7s and 780 Ti's For that resolution, get a FX 8350 and OC it yourself! Then crossfire 2 r9 290X's! You'll have a BEAST rig!

    If you already have the 780s, a FX 8350 is still a better option because of the Resolution, You have removed the bottleneck. Infact, bottleneck is a loose term. It'd take a FX 6300 or i3 to create a bottleneck in that system. At least with the FX 8350 you get 8 Actual cores.


    He also gets poor single thread performance. And you can hyperthread intel processors!
  10. griptwister said:
    Screw i7s and 780 Ti's For that resolution, get a FX 8350 and OC it yourself! Then crossfire 2 r9 290X's! You'll have a BEAST rig!

    If you already have the 780s, a FX 8350 is still a better option because of the Resolution, You have removed the bottleneck. Infact, bottleneck is a loose term. It'd take a FX 6300 or i3 to create a bottleneck in that system. At least with the FX 8350 you get 8 Actual cores.


    Lol go away.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gtx Sandy Bridge CPUs