7770 Crossfire Issues

Quantum-

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013
I own two Sapphire Vapor X 7770 Ghz Edition cards.

Specs:
MOBO : AsRock 970 Extreme4
CPU : FX-4100
RAM : GSkill-Ripjaw X 8gb
PSU : Corsair CX600W Modular

I am seeing no performance gain. I get worse performance with Crossfire than with just one 7770. I game at 1080p on a 60Hz monitor. I am using the most recent beta drivers, and I do have the application profiles installed. I have tried reinstalling the drivers numerous times, and re-booting.

Any help would be appreciated !

Quantum-

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013

I'm having it with all games. MW3/Battlefield 3 have been recent ones. No matter if the game is cpu or gpu bound, I should not have worse performance than a single card.

Are you using the 13.8 drivers with the new fame metering technology? I've heard people having issues with losing performance, then having to reboot. You may just have to wait for a fix when they get around to it.

And you are incorrect in thinking that crossfire should never be worse than a single card under a CPU bottleneck. If a game is CPU bottlenecked, even when a single card is used, it will be worse with 2, because crossfire adds to the CPU load. Though this seems unlikely to happen much with 7770's. It is also not typically advised to crossfire low-mid range cards for these types of reasons.

Quantum-

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013

Yes I am using the 13.8 beta drivers. I have tried the offical drivers aswell, and no change. I do not think it is a driver issue. My CPU should not be bottlenecking, and when I monitor my temps, my second GPU seems to be locked at 99 gpu usage even in idle.