Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Will ati radeon hd 7750 gddr5 work for my specs?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
August 14, 2013 9:18:23 AM

Hi there, this is my pc spec:

Mobo: asus m2n68 am plus
Processor: amd phenom ii x2 550 (NOT black edt)
Psu: 450w with 18A on 12V
Current gpu: ati radeon hd 4300/4500 series
Memory: 3 gb (32bit win7)
HDD: 1TB

I wanted to upgrade to 7750. Please tell me if it's okay to run it for my spec. The rig is 3 years old now.

Thanks!

Best solution

August 14, 2013 9:24:04 AM
Share

pKal said:
Hi there, this is my pc spec:

Mobo: asus m2n68 am plus
Processor: amd phenom ii x2 550 (NOT black edt)
Psu: 450w with 18A on 12V
Current gpu: ati radeon hd 4300/4500 series
Memory: 3 gb (32bit win7)
HDD: 1TB

I wanted to upgrade to 7750. Please tell me if it's okay to run it for my spec. The rig is 3 years old now.

Thanks!


Yes, you should be fine. Your PSU is just on the limits, but providing it's a decent PSU you should be good to go. the 18 amps on the 12v rail should be sufficient. You will see a big leap in performance, but the older phenom x2 will hold you back somewhat! Don't expect amazing performance. You should be good to game on medium settings on standard res. 720p!
August 14, 2013 9:24:20 AM

pKal said:
Hi there, this is my pc spec:

Mobo: asus m2n68 am plus
Processor: amd phenom ii x2 550 (NOT black edt)
Psu: 450w with 18A on 12V
Current gpu: ati radeon hd 4300/4500 series
Memory: 3 gb (32bit win7)
HDD: 1TB

I wanted to upgrade to 7750. Please tell me if it's okay to run it for my spec. The rig is 3 years old now.

Thanks!

Hello,
As long as your motherboard supports(PCIe Slots) the graphic card i.e. you can insert the graphic card on your motherboard, you will be good to go.. as the gpu and the processor are independent..
:) 
Related resources
August 14, 2013 9:26:45 AM

yep it will :)  you will of course have to remove those other two lol
August 14, 2013 9:28:49 AM

pKal said:
Hi there, this is my pc spec:

Mobo: asus m2n68 am plus
Processor: amd phenom ii x2 550 (NOT black edt)
Psu: 450w with 18A on 12V
Current gpu: ati radeon hd 4300/4500 series
Memory: 3 gb (32bit win7)
HDD: 1TB

I wanted to upgrade to 7750. Please tell me if it's okay to run it for my spec. The rig is 3 years old now.

Thanks!


hmm wonder if that one you can unlock a core or 2 haha? I would find out that as well and gain even more performance for free http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69JYDb7XQ44

you have a good chance of being able to run 3 or 4 cores
August 14, 2013 9:34:28 AM

he could but that would also chew up more power lol, I have on my media rig the x2 550 or x2 555 unlocked to 4 cores and it uses more power
August 14, 2013 9:36:21 AM

bad_eyes83 said:
he could but that would also chew up more power lol, I have on my media rig the x2 550 or x2 555 unlocked to 4 cores and it uses more power


id rather use more power +more heat than have perfromance of my games suffer as well as every other task. :) 

my cpu is over 185w OC haha
August 14, 2013 9:38:15 AM

True, but in his case he will be close to the power supplies limit with the new card when it peaks out, if it works then more power to him :p 
August 14, 2013 9:29:07 PM

pKal said:

Hello,
As long as your motherboard supports(PCIe Slots) the graphic card i.e. you can insert the graphic card on your motherboard, you will be good to go.. as the gpu and the processor are independent..
:) 


Yes I realize that but the TDP for both processor and GPU must be considered before sticking a new GPU in there. And I also read that 7750 consumes less power so just wanted to confirm. Thanks for your reply! :bounce: 
August 14, 2013 10:04:39 PM

pKal said:
pKal said:

Hello,
As long as your motherboard supports(PCIe Slots) the graphic card i.e. you can insert the graphic card on your motherboard, you will be good to go.. as the gpu and the processor are independent..
:) 


Yes I realize that but the TDP for both processor and GPU must be considered before sticking a new GPU in there. And I also read that 7750 consumes less power so just wanted to confirm. Thanks for your reply! :bounce: 

Your welcome :) 
!