650 Ti not recognised by nVidia GeForce Experience

Illsteward

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
Hi there,

first of all, I would like to thank everyone who helped me choose the GPU. Following many recommendations, I have choosen the nVidia GTX560 Ti card from Gainward (should that be of any matter).
However, when I have installed the card, I found out that some options in GeForce Experience application are still unavailable. Namely the option for gaming optimalization is not working. Is this by any means a problem? I don't know what that feature does, or if it can affect any other parts (I have no plans in going 3D or using similar technologies; aside from gaming, I mostly do video editing and 3D rendering but using prettty basic software and play some non-demanding games, like RPG's and turn-based strategies).

Thanks in advance for any reply!

Solution
You can ignore it, though it does seem odd that it does not show up. Perhaps the games you have installed are not supported for game optimization.

All that feature does is set your graphics options under supported games to what NVidia has decided is the best quality to performance ratio for your hardware. Its great for people who don't want to figure it out on their own or be bothered to learn what the various graphics settings do. But it doesn't do anything that you couldn't do manually on your own in the game's options.

Garner6425

Honorable
Mar 14, 2013
You can ignore it, though it does seem odd that it does not show up. Perhaps the games you have installed are not supported for game optimization.

All that feature does is set your graphics options under supported games to what NVidia has decided is the best quality to performance ratio for your hardware. Its great for people who don't want to figure it out on their own or be bothered to learn what the various graphics settings do. But it doesn't do anything that you couldn't do manually on your own in the game's options.

Solution

Illsteward

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012

Thank you. It shows me that I have 1 supported games, but doesn't actuallly allow me to do anything. It also shows that I can stream to shield console, should I have one, but I never actually even seen that hardware in any store... I guess that the entire GeForce Experience application is now just fancy thing checking the status of drivers, then.