Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Help with compatibility and quality: gaming pc

Last response: in Systems
Share
August 14, 2013 7:45:37 PM

I need help with a new PC build that I want to make. I dont know if the parts are compatible with each other so if someone can tell me or show me how to, that would be great. I also want to know if the build good for the price from newegg.
$967.90
-ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM
-COOLER MASTER HAF series RC-912-KKN1 Black SECC/ ABS Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
-ASUS M5A97 R2.0 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
-CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9R
-SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 100352VXSR Radeon HD 7950 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
-AMD FX-8320 Vishera 3.5GHz (4.0GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 125W Eight-Core Desktop Processor FD8320FRHKBOX
-Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
-COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2 Continuous Direct Contact 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler Compatible with latest Intel 2011/1366/1155 and AMD FM1/FM2/AM3+
-Corsair CMPSU-650TX 650-Watt TX Series 80 Plus Certified Power Supply
-Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit - OEM

August 14, 2013 7:53:49 PM

looks good to me, if you want to crossfire you will need a bigger psu though
August 14, 2013 7:59:34 PM

bad_eyes83 said:
looks good to me, if you want to crossfire you will need a bigger psu though


I dont really want to crossfire, but Im also not sure if this is enough for med-high settings on games generally. Im also not sure if the build is actually worth it or I should go with cheaper parts. Im new to building PCs.
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
August 14, 2013 8:10:09 PM

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($144.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ Microcenter)
Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($93.98 @ Outlet PC)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition 3GB Video Card ($359.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair Enthusiast 650W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($89.98 @ Amazon)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($17.98 @ Outlet PC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $886.88
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-14 23:08 EDT-0400)

Check this over but this should be your build. With the parts that you are running, I would go with at least a 750W PSU, but if you decide to go with what you have, I believe I just saved you almost $100.
August 14, 2013 8:22:43 PM

thepinkanator95 said:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($144.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ Microcenter)
Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($93.98 @ Outlet PC)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition 3GB Video Card ($359.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair Enthusiast 650W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($89.98 @ Amazon)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($17.98 @ Outlet PC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $886.88
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-14 23:08 EDT-0400)

Check this over but this should be your build. With the parts that you are running, I would go with at least a 750W PSU, but if you decide to go with what you have, I believe I just saved you almost $100.


Thanks man, I didnt know how to use pcpartpicker, but this helped. Also another question, should I add an internal wireless card or a usb one? Or should I just try to use a chord to connect to my router?
a b 4 Gaming
August 14, 2013 8:24:00 PM

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($144.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ Microcenter)
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($78.55 @ Outlet PC)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($259.99 @ Amazon)
Case: NZXT Phantom (White) ATX Full Tower Case ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: OCZ Fatal1ty 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($55.00 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($17.98 @ Outlet PC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $816.46
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-14 23:22 EDT-0400)

This should get you the same high quality results as what you put together there but for cheaper. The Nvidia cards tend to have a LOT more bang for the buck, and with this motherboard you have SLI support for multiple cards (the Nvidia equivalent of CrossFire).

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
August 14, 2013 8:35:17 PM
Share

Trainn said:
thepinkanator95 said:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($144.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ Microcenter)
Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($93.98 @ Outlet PC)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition 3GB Video Card ($359.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair Enthusiast 650W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($89.98 @ Amazon)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($17.98 @ Outlet PC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $886.88
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-14 23:08 EDT-0400)

Check this over but this should be your build. With the parts that you are running, I would go with at least a 750W PSU, but if you decide to go with what you have, I believe I just saved you almost $100.


Thanks man, I didnt know how to use pcpartpicker, but this helped. Also another question, should I add an internal wireless card or a usb one? Or should I just try to use a chord to connect to my router?


A cord will ALWAYS be faster than a wireless connection and usually cheaper. Go there if you can. If you can't, a PCI-E card will be faster than a USB one. The fastest PCI-E card will be a 2.4GHz/5GHz card at 300-450 Mb/s per antenna. They also come in 2.4 GHz 300 Mb/s and 2.4 GHz 150 Mb/s. USB connections should really be your last option, but sometimes it's the easiest because you just pop it in and go rather than it being a part of your computer. Here is the new build with a good wireless PCI-E card that is still over $100 below what you were going to pay.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($144.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ Microcenter)
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($78.55 @ Outlet PC)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($259.99 @ Amazon)
Wireless Network Adapter: Rosewill N900PCE 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter ($33.99 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT Phantom (White) ATX Full Tower Case ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: OCZ Fatal1ty 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($55.00 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($17.98 @ Outlet PC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $850.45
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-14 23:34 EDT-0400)
August 14, 2013 8:42:09 PM

thepinkanator95 said:
Trainn said:
thepinkanator95 said:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($144.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ Microcenter)
Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($93.98 @ Outlet PC)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition 3GB Video Card ($359.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair Enthusiast 650W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($89.98 @ Amazon)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($17.98 @ Outlet PC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $886.88
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-14 23:08 EDT-0400)

Check this over but this should be your build. With the parts that you are running, I would go with at least a 750W PSU, but if you decide to go with what you have, I believe I just saved you almost $100.


Thanks man, I didnt know how to use pcpartpicker, but this helped. Also another question, should I add an internal wireless card or a usb one? Or should I just try to use a chord to connect to my router?


A cord will ALWAYS be faster than a wireless connection and usually cheaper. Go there if you can. If you can't, a PCI-E card will be faster than a USB one. The fastest PCI-E card will be a 2.4GHz/5GHz card at 300-450 Mb/s per antenna. They also come in 2.4 GHz 300 Mb/s and 2.4 GHz 150 Mb/s. USB connections should really be your last option, but sometimes it's the easiest because you just pop it in and go rather than it being a part of your computer. Here is the new build with a good wireless PCI-E card that is still over $100 below what you were going to pay.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($144.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ Microcenter)
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($78.55 @ Outlet PC)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($259.99 @ Amazon)
Wireless Network Adapter: Rosewill N900PCE 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter ($33.99 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT Phantom (White) ATX Full Tower Case ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: OCZ Fatal1ty 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($55.00 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($17.98 @ Outlet PC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $850.45
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-14 23:34 EDT-0400)


Wow thanks man. One last thing, which size monitor would you think I should get to go with this rig?
a b 4 Gaming
August 15, 2013 10:26:23 AM

Whatever you can afford and will fit nicely on your desk. Size is more of a preference thing, but I can tell you from personal experience Samsung tends to be the best (with the sharpest picture and more equal colors).
!