Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

help needed for Windows XP Direct X

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
August 15, 2013 4:06:45 AM

why does my direct X games keep 'fizzing' and one of them only has the refreshing objects/images shown? Its either my graphics card is on wrong settings or my direct X is too old :( 

I'm running Direct X 9.0c but it won't update and it says I have the best version. Sorry for the miss-understandings earlier!

System specs:

OS: WINDOWS XP, 32-bit (Service Pack 3)
Direct X runtime Version 9.0 (c)
Graphics information: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
Driver version: 307.90
DirectX Support: 9.0c
Core Clock: 425MHz
Memory Data Rate: 1600MHz
Memory Interface: 32-bit
Memory: 512 MB
Memory Type: DDR 1
Video BIOS Version: 5.61.32.22.01
IRQ: 22
Bus: FPCI
Components:

Video:
nvViTvs.dll version: 6.14.13.0790
nvViTvSR.dll version: 6.14.13.0790

More about : needed windows direct

Best solution

August 15, 2013 4:34:51 AM

DirectX 9c is the latest one for XP

Try this: http://www.helidon.net/blog/windows/reinstalling-direct...
Share
Related resources
August 15, 2013 4:48:58 AM

Start, Run, REGEDIT
m
0
l
August 15, 2013 5:17:38 AM

Pongo3 said:
why does my direct X games keep 'fizzing' and one of them only has the refreshing objects/images shown? Its either my graphics card is on wrong settings or my direct X is too old :( 

I'm running Direct X 9.0c but it won't update and it says I have the best version. Sorry for the miss-understandings earlier!

System specs:

OS: WINDOWS XP, 32-bit (Service Pack 3)
Direct X runtime Version 9.0 (c)
Graphics information: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
Driver version: 307.90
DirectX Support: 9.0c
Core Clock: 425MHz
Memory Data Rate: 1600MHz
Memory Interface: 32-bit
Memory: 512 MB
Memory Type: DDR 1
Video BIOS Version: 5.61.32.22.01
IRQ: 22
Bus: FPCI
Components:

Video:
nvViTvs.dll version: 6.14.13.0790
nvViTvSR.dll version: 6.14.13.0790


The NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE is not a graphics card.
It is actually integrated graphics on the motherboard.
Which games do you play on your PC?
m
0
l
August 15, 2013 5:43:38 AM

unreal9400 said:
Pongo3 said:
why does my direct X games keep 'fizzing' and one of them only has the refreshing objects/images shown? Its either my graphics card is on wrong settings or my direct X is too old :( 

I'm running Direct X 9.0c but it won't update and it says I have the best version. Sorry for the miss-understandings earlier!

System specs:

OS: WINDOWS XP, 32-bit (Service Pack 3)
Direct X runtime Version 9.0 (c)
Graphics information: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
Driver version: 307.90
DirectX Support: 9.0c
Core Clock: 425MHz
Memory Data Rate: 1600MHz
Memory Interface: 32-bit
Memory: 512 MB
Memory Type: DDR 1
Video BIOS Version: 5.61.32.22.01
IRQ: 22
Bus: FPCI
Components:

Video:
nvViTvs.dll version: 6.14.13.0790
nvViTvSR.dll version: 6.14.13.0790


The NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE is not a graphics card.
It is actually integrated graphics on the motherboard.
Which games do you play on your PC?


Racerpack (Autobahn, Grand Prix Evolution, Speed Thief and Midnight Racing by Uwish Games) and Scooby Doo 2
m
0
l
August 15, 2013 6:26:48 AM

You can always run dxdiag.exe which is the windows directx diagnostics. It will tell you if if directx is working properly. As stated, if you are using an integrated graphics chip, most of these don't do well with games.
m
0
l
August 15, 2013 6:32:01 AM

Hawkeye22 said:
You can always run dxdiag.exe which is the windows directx diagnostics. It will tell you if if directx is working properly. As stated, if you are using an integrated graphics chip, most of these don't do well with games.


It used to work with them, but the latest update made them not work.
m
0
l
August 15, 2013 6:48:14 AM

If the games used to work, then there may be a conflict with the update and the video driver. If there is a newer version of the video driver, then download and install it. Worst case, go to "control panel/add remove programs" and click the "show updates" box. Find the newest updates and start removing them one by one until you find the one that is breaking things. Once you find it, you can then go into windows update and tell it to hide that update so it won't try to install it again. Once a new video driver is out, you can then install it. You can go into windows updates and tell it to unhide that update at any time.
m
0
l
August 15, 2013 7:04:41 AM

The system requirements for the games say that you need a video card with at least 16MB memory. You should upgrade your hardware to an add-on video card, even if it is a cheap low-end one.
m
0
l
!