Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

So i restarted my gaming pc build and need to make sure that all parts are compatible

Last response: in Components
Share
August 15, 2013 9:31:34 AM

So i restarted my gaming pc build and need to make sure that all parts are compatible

Zalman High Performance ATX Mid Tower Case - Blue/Black Z11PLUS

Corsair Hydro Series Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler H100i

ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 AM3+, AMD 990X, SATA 6Gb/s, USB 3.0, ATX, AMD Motherboard

Corsair Vengeance Blue 8 GB (2X4 GB) PC3-12800 1600mHz DDR3

AMD FD8320FRHKBOX FX-8320 FX-Series 8-Core Black Edition

NZXT SENTRY 2 Accessories 5.25-Inch Touch Screen Fan Controller

Western Digital WD1002FAEX Caviar Black 1 TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB

Rosewill Xtreme Series 850W 80 PLUS

Either a radeon hd 7870 or radeon hd 7950 not sure yet on the gpu

All sugestions are welcome

Best solution

August 15, 2013 9:39:33 AM

I'd go down to a fx-6350 or 6300 and put that money into the better graphics card, because that's what's more important for a gaming pc and the extra cores don't make much of a difference for games.

You don't need 850w unless you plan on sli so I'd go with less watts and nicer. the Xtreme series just okay, if you're going to go with a rosewill psu go hive or better yet capstone http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Share
August 15, 2013 9:41:08 AM

good build every thing is compatible . and take the 7950 it's way more powerful
m
0
l
Related resources
August 15, 2013 9:59:17 AM

Christian Angelo said:
I'd go down to a fx-6350 or 6300 and put that money into the better graphics card, because that's what's more important for a gaming pc and the extra cores don't make much of a difference for games.

You don't need 850w unless you plan on sli so I'd go with less watts and nicer. the Xtreme series just okay, if you're going to go with a rosewill psu go hive or better yet capstone http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...



Im looking at the XFX Double D FX-795A-TDFC Radeon HD 7950 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
will this do

muayyad AJ said:
good build every thing is compatible . and take the 7950 it's way more powerful

m
0
l
August 15, 2013 10:16:57 AM

I always try to get the best I can afford when I upgrade so I don't have any regrets about later. You want to look at your gaming computer and smile not regret you didn't spend a little more and get what you really wanted. You night consider a 120GB SSD for a boot drive. Between the two AMD VGA cards I'd do the 7950 model.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

If you want to step outside your AMD Comfort zone this card is good too
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
0
l
August 15, 2013 10:23:23 AM



littleleo said:
I always try to get the best I can afford when I upgrade so I don't have any regrets about later. You want to look at your gaming computer and smile not regret you didn't spend a little more and get what you really wanted. You night consider a 120GB SSD for a boot drive. Between the two AMD VGA cards I'd do the 7950 model
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

If you want to step outside your AMD Comfort zone this card is good too
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...



out of these three which one do you guys feel is the best buy

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

m
0
l
August 15, 2013 10:36:16 AM

If you throw that into the mix then I suppose it's preference and if you like the game options or not(it looks like the 760 does come with one game at least), since the performance increase isn't huge.
m
0
l
August 15, 2013 10:39:18 AM

Christian Angelo said:
If you throw that into the mix then I suppose it's preference and if you like the game options or not(it looks like the 760 does come with one game at least), since the performance increase isn't huge.


Do you know which is better for overclocking as well

m
0
l
August 15, 2013 10:56:27 AM

11359406,0,1354984 said:
After reading around it seems that the 7950 is the better bet when it comes to ocing

Here's one of my source discussions: http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1746959/gtx-760-...[/quotemsg

Sorry about all the questions but is the 7950 also a better choice due to vram. Im just thinking about all the newer games that are coming later this year and next year

m
0
l
August 15, 2013 11:39:03 AM

vram over 2gb doesn't really make a benefit unless you're going above 1080p
m
0
l
August 15, 2013 2:29:12 PM

I think in the end either one will do the job. AMD has not had as smooth gaming experience as Nvidia cards, so I'd go for the better game play experience. But you're the one that is paying for it, and you're the one playing games with it. Pick the card you feel most comfortable with. And enjoy your gaming PC.
m
0
l
!