Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

can someone tell me if this is a quality build as my first build?

Last response: in CPUs
Share
August 15, 2013 11:32:19 AM

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1siDU I am really looking to build my first gaming pc and i am looking to see if the pc i out together is worth the buy? please be honest about it!

More about : quality build build

a b à CPUs
August 15, 2013 11:36:31 AM

the page is empty :p 
m
0
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
a c 407 à CPUs
August 15, 2013 11:42:19 AM

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.00 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ Microcenter)
Motherboard: Asus Z87-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($135.99 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970 3GB Video Card ($333.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Zalman Z11 Plus ATX Mid Tower Case ($34.99 @ Microcenter)
Power Supply: OCZ Fatal1ty 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($55.00 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($16.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $885.92
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-15 14:41 EDT-0400)



i optimised it further
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
August 15, 2013 11:49:52 AM

swap the western digital out for a seagate and you could get a TB in there I bet :) 
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
August 15, 2013 12:03:08 PM

there you go, now you have 500GB more :p 
looks good :)  but I would go with 8gb of ram unless you are going to get more later on
m
0
l
August 15, 2013 12:08:59 PM

bad_eyes83 said:
there you go, now you have 500GB more :p 
looks good :)  but I would go with 8gb of ram unless you are going to get more later on

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1sjwD
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
August 15, 2013 12:12:45 PM

that looks better, and later on you can add another 8 gb if you really want to :) 
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a c 407 à CPUs
August 15, 2013 12:21:11 PM

best deal for u

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($119.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ Microcenter)
Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($56.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB Video Card ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Zalman Z11 Plus ATX Mid Tower Case ($34.99 @ Microcenter)
Power Supply: OCZ Fatal1ty 550W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($29.50 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($18.48 @ Outlet PC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($88.88 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $600.79
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-15 15:20 EDT-0400)
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
August 15, 2013 12:25:13 PM

i agree with Sn1992, this guy is on steriods lol he finds these crazy setups fast :p 
m
0
l
August 15, 2013 12:26:53 PM

Sn1992 said:
best deal for u

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($119.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ Microcenter)
Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($56.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB Video Card ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Zalman Z11 Plus ATX Mid Tower Case ($34.99 @ Microcenter)
Power Supply: OCZ Fatal1ty 550W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($29.50 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($18.48 @ Outlet PC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($88.88 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $600.79
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-15 15:20 EDT-0400)

That video card isn't very powerful.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
August 15, 2013 12:33:55 PM

and it uses less power lol... sorry I had to put that one in :p 
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a c 407 à CPUs
August 15, 2013 12:38:33 PM

yeah thats right
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a c 210 à CPUs
August 15, 2013 12:45:07 PM

That's actually a good build...my nitpick would be to get win7 over win8, because I hate win8.

Other than that...looks good.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
August 15, 2013 12:49:07 PM

I have heard so many people say how much they hate win 8.... I have yet to know why myself, and I am not going to find out why, it sounds like win me or vista lol
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a c 210 à CPUs
August 15, 2013 12:54:11 PM

bad_eyes83 said:
I have heard so many people say how much they hate win 8.... I have yet to know why myself, and I am not going to find out why, it sounds like win me or vista lol


It would probably be good on a touch screen...but it is terrible with a mouse...
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
August 15, 2013 12:55:44 PM

that is enough for me, stick with win 7 for now until something else comes out more like win 7
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a c 407 à CPUs
August 15, 2013 12:58:40 PM

final built

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($119.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ Microcenter)
Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($56.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB Video Card ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Zalman Z11 Plus ATX Mid Tower Case ($34.99 @ Microcenter)
Power Supply: OCZ Fatal1ty 550W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($29.50 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($18.48 @ Outlet PC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $601.89
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-15 15:58 EDT-0400)
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
August 15, 2013 1:00:25 PM

geepers sn1992 you just fly through here lol :p 
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a c 407 à CPUs
August 15, 2013 1:02:54 PM


thanks man

m
0
l

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
a c 407 à CPUs
August 15, 2013 10:28:32 PM

the msi board is bad as it has low quality VRMs so changed it
changed to a better 550w tier 2 modular psu at lower price



PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($117.98 @ Outlet PC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 76.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($24.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P ATX AM3+/AM3 Motherboard ($77.99 @ NCIX US)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($45.19 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB Video Card ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Zalman Z11 Plus ATX Mid Tower Case ($34.99 @ Microcenter)
Power Supply: OCZ Fatal1ty 550W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($29.50 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($18.48 @ Outlet PC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($88.88 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $562.97
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-16 01:25 EDT-0400)




dont frget to pick a solution to ur thread
Share
August 15, 2013 10:47:33 PM

Sn1992 said:
the msi board is bad as it has low quality VRMs so changed it
changed to a better 550w tier 2 modular psu at lower price



PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($117.98 @ Outlet PC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 76.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($24.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P ATX AM3+/AM3 Motherboard ($77.99 @ NCIX US)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($45.19 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB Video Card ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Zalman Z11 Plus ATX Mid Tower Case ($34.99 @ Microcenter)
Power Supply: OCZ Fatal1ty 550W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($29.50 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($18.48 @ Outlet PC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($88.88 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $562.97
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-16 01:25 EDT-0400)




dont frget to pick a solution to ur thread


http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1swgH i think that is the final product.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a c 407 à CPUs
August 15, 2013 11:42:04 PM

yeah it is indeed
m
0
l
!