Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

NZXT Switch 810 Cooling Setup

Tags:
  • NZXT
  • Overclocking
  • Switch
  • Corsair
Last response: in Overclocking
Share
August 15, 2013 6:26:51 PM

Hello Guys,

I have the following setup:

NZXT Switch 810
i7 3770k @ 4.6Ghz
Corsair H100i
Asus Maximus V Formula
G.Skill 4GBx2 DDR3 1600Mhz
WD Black 1TB
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
Intel X25-M G2 80GB SSD
Corsair AX1200 PSU
Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor-X Boost Cards (1070/1400)


My cooling is setup like this:

2x140mm Bitfenix Spectre Pro (Front Intake) - 84CFM x 2
2x140mm NZXT FN-RB 140 (Near HDD Bays as Tilted Fans pointing at my GPU's) 62 CFM x 2
1x140mm NZXT FN-RB 140 (Rear Exhaust) 62 CFM
1x140mm NZXT FN-RB 140 (Top Front Exhaust) 62 CFM
Corsair H100i in Push/Pull (Exhaust with Corsair SP-120 HP Fans)

I dont have anything setup at the bottom, My load CPU Temps are normally at 64-67 degrees Celcius. However, since I have got the 7950 Vapor X cards in crossfire, my CPU is running a little hot. Gaming load on my CPU is about 70-72 degrees. I want to reduce these temps. What can I do here. I guess I have more exhaust than intake as the tilted fans do not come into count as intakes since they are only re-directing the air coming from the front fans towards the GPU's and these are stock NZXT fans. They are not that powerfull. Any ideas guys?

1. Should I get better fans to replace my NZXT 140's.
2. Should I change the H100i fans to intake. If yes, then what about exhausting all that heat?

More about : nzxt switch 810 cooling setup

a b K Overclocking
August 16, 2013 1:37:41 AM

I assume there are no cables in the way of the airflow?

I´d say your config/airflow looks pretty good actually.
Mounting the H100i fans as intake might get you a benefit of a few degrees. Or ruin your airflow completely makes temps worse.
If you have the time, just try it.

If I remember correctly, you can remove the HDD cages, right?
So, I´d probably remove one if possible.

Next, I´d either get stronger intake fans and put the Spectre Pros on the HDD cage and on the bottom or get one more Spectre Pro and put that one the HDD cage and maybe put the NZXT fan to the bottom.
But then I´d probably get an stronger exhaust fan, too.

So many possibilities. ;) 
m
0
l
August 16, 2013 8:41:41 AM

Som3one said:
I assume there are no cables in the way of the airflow?

I´d say your config/airflow looks pretty good actually.
Mounting the H100i fans as intake might get you a benefit of a few degrees. Or ruin your airflow completely makes temps worse.
If you have the time, just try it.

If I remember correctly, you can remove the HDD cages, right?
So, I´d probably remove one if possible.

Next, I´d either get stronger intake fans and put the Spectre Pros on the HDD cage and on the bottom or get one more Spectre Pro and put that one the HDD cage and maybe put the NZXT fan to the bottom.
But then I´d probably get an stronger exhaust fan, too.

So many possibilities. ;) 


I am planning to get 4 Spectre Pro 140's to replace all the NZXT fans. That way, my entire setup would have Spectre Pro 140's except for the H100i. My H100i has Corsair Stock SP120L paired with SP High Performance 120mm fans. Do you recommend any other fans over Spectre Pro? Not many options are available in India for 140mm fans. The other 140's available are NZXT FZ140's. Which ones do you recommend?
m
0
l
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
August 16, 2013 8:56:54 AM

I don´t know either personally. But I read a few reviews about the Spectres.
Probably not the quietest fans but still good.
You could also have a look at Corsair AF140 fans.

What just bothered me a bit was your fan config on the H100i.
Do the SP120L and SP120HP fans have comparable specs?
m
0
l
August 16, 2013 10:15:56 AM

Som3one said:
I don´t know either personally. But I read a few reviews about the Spectres.
Probably not the quietest fans but still good.
You could also have a look at Corsair AF140 fans.

What just bothered me a bit was your fan config on the H100i.
Do the SP120L and SP120HP fans have comparable specs?


No. Actually not. They have different spec. Moreover, the SP120's are non PWM.
m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
August 16, 2013 10:19:09 AM

Have you tried just using one set first and check the temps?
m
0
l
August 16, 2013 10:26:38 AM

Som3one said:
Have you tried just using one set first and check the temps?


Yup. Not too much of a difference. So, should I just remove the SP120 fans as the spec of the SP120L stock fans is greater than the SP120's.
m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
August 16, 2013 10:33:48 AM

I was a bit worried they might interfere with each other. But if you are sure you got a performance benefit out of the push pull configuration and are find with the noise, too, you should probably keep it.
m
0
l
!