Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Quietest AMD Radeon 7970/7950/7870?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
August 16, 2013 4:47:16 AM

I have been looking around for a quiet yet powerful graphics card and was wondering what AMD Radeon 7970/7950/7870 is the best ranked for quietness. Please, Canadian links only, as some links people give are www.amazon.com and they don't always have them in stock for canada shipment.
a c 164 U Graphics card
a c 137 À AMD
August 16, 2013 4:57:49 AM

Most quiet, not quietest. Anyway...

If you want a quiet card, get a decent GTX760, its cheaper than an HD7950 and performs just as well but runs much cooler and USUALLY more quiet in general.
m
0
l
August 16, 2013 5:11:10 AM

Novuake said:
Most quiet, not quietest. Anyway...

If you want a quiet card, get a decent GTX760, its cheaper than an HD7950 and performs just as well but runs much cooler and USUALLY more quiet in general.

Okay, thanks man! :)  So, would this card be able to handle ultra settings on most games?
m
0
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
August 16, 2013 5:26:50 AM

God_Of_War145 said:
Novuake said:
Most quiet, not quietest. Anyway...

If you want a quiet card, get a decent GTX760, its cheaper than an HD7950 and performs just as well but runs much cooler and USUALLY more quiet in general.

Okay, thanks man! :)  So, would this card be able to handle ultra settings on most games?


Yes, but the HD7950 is still better than the GTX760.
m
0
l
August 16, 2013 5:29:21 AM

Okay, thanks man! :)  So, would this card be able to handle ultra settings on most games?[/quotemsg]

Yes, but the HD7950 is still better than the GTX760.[/quotemsg]

So, the question is, can my motherboard support a Nvidia card... I have a 890GX Extreme3. Can it support one?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
August 16, 2013 5:35:13 AM

Yes, it does support, but only 1 Nvidia GPU card, which means you cannot SLI on that board.

Edit: But in my opinion, you should get the 7950HD. It's an awesome card!
m
0
l
August 16, 2013 5:38:13 AM

fjaesbog said:
Yes, it does support, but only 1 Nvidia GPU card, which means you cannot SLI on that board.

Edit: But in my opinion, you should get the 7950HD. It's an awesome card!


So, it's over performance and price. I don't know what i should go with... hmm.

EDIT: Also, what website should I buy from? Amazon.ca or Newegg.ca? (I want fast shipping)
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
August 16, 2013 5:41:11 AM

Well, i've had my card sometime now, and i pretty much run everything maxed out. If you have a decent CPU that isn't bottlenecking your GPU, it will increase the perfomance in games such as BF3 etc.
m
0
l
August 16, 2013 5:43:08 AM

fjaesbog said:
Well, i've had my card sometime now, and i pretty much run everything maxed out. If you have a decent CPU that isn't bottlenecking your GPU, it will increase the perfomance in games such as BF3 etc.


I got a AMD Phenom II X6 1075T processor.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
August 16, 2013 5:46:22 AM

It's a decent CPU. Just try to overclock it a little bit, just to be sure that it wont bottleneck your GPU.
m
0
l
August 16, 2013 5:49:27 AM

fjaesbog said:
It's a decent CPU. Just try to overclock it a little bit, just to be sure that it wont bottleneck your GPU.


For shipping wise, which website do you think is more friendly for shipping times, newegg, or amazon?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
August 16, 2013 5:52:08 AM

I'm sorry, about that i have no knowledge since i'm from EU, and not US. But i've heard good about those two equally.
m
0
l
a c 164 U Graphics card
a c 137 À AMD
August 16, 2013 6:10:24 AM

Please stop saying the HD7950 is more powerful, at best its equal to the 925Mhz Boost HD7950.
Since the HD7950 is considerably more expensive, the GTX760 is the obvious better card.



m
0
l

Best solution

a c 164 U Graphics card
a c 137 À AMD
August 16, 2013 6:13:17 AM

God_Of_War145 said:
fjaesbog said:
I'm sorry, about that i have no knowledge since i'm from EU, and not US. But i've heard good about those two equally.

Found this puppy. Think its a good one to get? http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...
(Gonna get a aftermarket cooler for my CPU to overclock)


That card is stupidly expensive and the extra 2GB of memory won't mean anything, its just marketing.
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...

There, get that one.
Share
a b U Graphics card
August 16, 2013 6:16:23 AM

God_Of_War145 said:
fjaesbog said:
I'm sorry, about that i have no knowledge since i'm from EU, and not US. But i've heard good about those two equally.

Found this puppy. Think its a good one to get? http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...
(Gonna get a aftermarket cooler for my CPU to overclock)


Yes, you can go with that! But before you chose any card, watch the difference between the 760GTX 4GB and 7950HD.
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681... > 7950
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681... > 760GTX

And this.
http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-HD-7950-vs-GeForce-GTX-7...

If you want a good aftermarket cooler, i recommend the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO. One of the best aftermarket AIR coolers.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
August 16, 2013 6:51:45 AM

Glad to help!
Remember to select the best answer that was most helpful to you :) 
m
0
l
a c 164 U Graphics card
a c 137 À AMD
August 16, 2013 6:53:02 AM

God_Of_War145 said:
Thanks for all the answers and i think i am gonna go with either the HIS Radeon 7950 or the Asus GTX 760!
Radeon: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681... GTX: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...


That is a damn good deal on the HD7950! If you do overclock, then get it at that price! If you do not overclock, get the GTX760.
The HD7950 can get EPIC performance gain from a mild OC.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
August 16, 2013 6:55:51 AM

Novuake said:
God_Of_War145 said:
Thanks for all the answers and i think i am gonna go with either the HIS Radeon 7950 or the Asus GTX 760!
Radeon: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681... GTX: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...


That is a damn good deal on the HD7950! If you do overclock, then get it at that price! If you do not overclock, get the GTX760.
The HD7950 can get EPIC performance gain from a mild OC.


Double standards you got there :-)
m
0
l
August 16, 2013 6:58:11 AM

Alright! Thanks guys! Now my shopping cart is either $706.61 for the Radeon, or $688.22 for the Nvidia.
(prices combined with my new gaming setup)

(quietest of the 2?)
m
0
l
a c 164 U Graphics card
a c 137 À AMD
August 16, 2013 7:02:37 AM

fjaesbog said:
Glad to help!
Remember to select the best answer that was most helpful to you :) 


fjaesbog said:
Novuake said:
God_Of_War145 said:
Thanks for all the answers and i think i am gonna go with either the HIS Radeon 7950 or the Asus GTX 760!
Radeon: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681... GTX: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...


That is a damn good deal on the HD7950! If you do overclock, then get it at that price! If you do not overclock, get the GTX760.
The HD7950 can get EPIC performance gain from a mild OC.


Double standards you got there :-)


Its all about price. :D  Besides, I own 2 HD7950s. LOL
m
0
l
a c 164 U Graphics card
a c 137 À AMD
August 16, 2013 7:04:10 AM

God_Of_War145 said:
Alright! Thanks guys! Now my shopping cart is either $706.61 for the Radeon, or $688.22 for the Nvidia.
(prices combined with my new gaming setup)

(quietest of the 2?)


The GTX760 is more quiet...
m
0
l
August 16, 2013 7:06:26 AM

Novuake said:
God_Of_War145 said:
Alright! Thanks guys! Now my shopping cart is either $706.61 for the Radeon, or $688.22 for the Nvidia.
(prices combined with my new gaming setup)

(quietest of the 2?)


The GTX760 is more quiet...

Alright :D  thanks guys and have a good day!
m
0
l
August 16, 2013 7:06:27 AM

Novuake said:
God_Of_War145 said:
Alright! Thanks guys! Now my shopping cart is either $706.61 for the Radeon, or $688.22 for the Nvidia.
(prices combined with my new gaming setup)

(quietest of the 2?)


The GTX760 is more quiet...

Alright :D  thanks guys and have a good day!
m
0
l
a c 164 U Graphics card
a c 137 À AMD
August 16, 2013 7:06:39 AM

byogamingpc said:
The MSI N760 TF http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DIH8OW8/ref=as_li_q... is the quietest GTX 760.


MAYBE, depends on what you see as quiet, lol the TF metal design has this specific whine, most people do not mind it, but I swapped mine out because of that whine.
m
0
l
!