Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Computer Won't Turn on after Power Outage

Tags:
  • Power Outage
  • Power Supplies
  • Computers
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
Share
August 16, 2013 10:58:41 PM

Hello, I was wondering if maybe someone could assist me with my issue. My computer uses a 600W power supply and it was plugged into a surge protector. The event that caused the problems goes as follows: There was a random power outage throughout the entire house for about 10 minutes. The computer was on at the time and it was running a game. When the power returned I attempted to turn the computer back on and it would not turn on at all. No lights at all, just a blank expression. I reset the power supply and it would still not power on. I then followed up to changing the power supply completely for a new one that I keep as a spare. The same problem again even with the new power supply. I am not sure what the problem is at this point. It has an Ultra Durable motherboard on it so I want to believe that nothing serious has happened. But at this point I am not quite sure. I just want to get my computer fixed soon. Please help me.

More about : computer turn power outage

a b ) Power supply
August 16, 2013 11:06:21 PM

Do you hear any beeps or noise? Do LEDs light up? Do the fans spin? If you plug in your fans into a molex connector do they spin when you hit the power? (on the pc not the psu) If they do spin when not plugged into the board do they spin when plugged into the board?

Try taking out ALL non essential things. (or unplugging) One stick of ram, onboard gpu, try with and without hdd plugged in.
m
0
l
a c 129 ) Power supply
August 16, 2013 11:12:20 PM

Does the powersupply start up? Did you check for a dead power strip or dead electrical socket in the wall?
m
0
l
Related resources
August 16, 2013 11:12:40 PM

mouse24 said:
Do you hear any beeps or noise? Do LEDs light up? Do the fans spin? If you plug in your fans into a molex connector do they spin when you hit the power? (on the pc not the psu) If they do spin when not plugged into the board do they spin when plugged into the board?

Try taking out ALL non essential things. (or unplugging) One stick of ram, onboard gpu, try with and without hdd plugged in.


There are no beeps or noises. The lights do not turn on. None of the fans turn on either. I have not tried messing with the board yet. I will attempt to take out many of the non essentials to see if it will turn on.
m
0
l
August 16, 2013 11:14:38 PM

Tradesman1 said:
Does the powersupply start up? Did you check for a dead power strip or dead electrical socket in the wall?


I checked the power strip and it powers on my laptop and my Xbox 360 in the same socket where the computer was plugged in. I also tried using a new power strip and it did not fix the problem.
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 129 ) Power supply
August 16, 2013 11:18:22 PM

Something fried, if no light, nothing, might try pulling the power switch plug off the mobo Front Panel Connectors and try shorting the pins with a screwdriver and hope it was the power switch that fried
Share
August 16, 2013 11:29:03 PM

Tradesman1 said:
Something fried, if no light, nothing, might try pulling the power switch plug off the mobo Front Panel Connectors and try shorting the pins with a screwdriver and hope it was the power switch that fried


Thanks you have given me more hope. I do not have a lot of cash this week so I am really hoping it may just be the power switch. I know the power supply works for sure. I press the power button and it is like trying to turn on a computer that is not plugged in. I receive absolutely no response from the computer.
m
0
l
a c 129 ) Power supply
August 17, 2013 12:06:00 AM

Hopefully that's it, no guarantee of course, but let know what you find, thinking it might be
m
0
l
!