I purchased a game I made a copy of that disc as an image file onto my D:\Downloads\Games folder. After that, I installed the game, played it for some time, then rebooted into Ubuntu for some work. I came back to Windows only a couple of hours ago.
When I came, I found that the installed game files were missing and when I searched the installation location, it was empty.
I found that not only the installation files were missing, but also the image file, which was present less than a minute ago, was also missing now!
Loa.login to your windows 8 Operating System(that has Administrator privileges).
2. b.Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
3. c.From Windows 8 Control Panel, Click on “User Accounts and Family Safety”.
4. d.Click on “User Accounts”.
5. e.Click on “Manage Another Accounts”.
6. f.Click Again on “Add a new user in PC Settings”.
7. g.Computer will open a PC Settings Window. Click on “Add a user”.
8. h.Type your “email address” and click on Next.
9. i.Computer will ask you to provide User Account details such as user name & password. Type the User Account information properly and click on next.
10j. Computer will ask you to provide additional information like alternate email id, secret question and phone number. This additional information will be used in future, in case if you forget your windows 8 user accounts user name or password. Click on Next.
11k. Computer will give you a Captcha ( Captcha is picture text). Type the Captcha properly and click on Next.
12l. Now you have successfully created an User Account
Run SFC Scan
The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.
Run the System File Checker (SFC) scan. Follow these steps:
a) Boot to the desktop view.
b) Open command prompt, right click in the left corner when the Start window appear and select command prompt (admin).
c) Type the following command, and then press ENTER: sfc /scannow.
If you Found this helpful please Pick this as Best Solution