Solved

Budget workstation PC for $1000

One of my friends is looking to build a workstation PC for $ 1000, and wants the AMD firepro v5900 GPU in it, but he doesnt know what other parts he should get for it, any recommendations? its okay to go alittle over $1000. He does alot of rendering and photoshop.
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about budget workstation 1000
  1. warlock_dthpunch said:


    Is the HD 7950 as good as or better than the firepro v5900 for rendering?
  2. google it out!!!
  3. warlock_dthpunch said:
    google it out!!!


    What about the case, he doesnt need an SSD, and only needs 2 TBs of storage, what case would you recommend? Also its okay to go alittle over 1000 bucks, 1100 is good.
  4. bashfulfruit said:
    warlock_dthpunch said:
    google it out!!!


    What about the case, he doesnt need an SSD, and only needs 2 TBs of storage, what case would you recommend? Also its okay to go alittle over 1000 bucks, 1100 is good.


    Ok then you can remove one 1TB HDD... but keep the SSD coz it helps a lot in bootup and faster rendering....
    and add this CPU cooler to your item list

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099
  5. warlock_dthpunch said:
    bashfulfruit said:
    warlock_dthpunch said:
    google it out!!!


    What about the case, he doesnt need an SSD, and only needs 2 TBs of storage, what case would you recommend? Also its okay to go alittle over 1000 bucks, 1100 is good.


    Ok then you can remove one 1TB HDD... but keep the SSD coz it helps a lot in bootup and faster rendering....
    and add this CPU cooler to your item list

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099


    Is the nzxt phantom a good case? not sure if she should just get any case.
  6. Best answer
    nzxt phantom is too big for this build... get an awesome looking mid tower case that fits your budget..
  7. warlock_dthpunch said:
    nzxt phantom is too big for this build... get an awesome looking mid tower case that fits your budget..


    Alright, thanks for the help, my friend really likes the phantom, shes ok with spending some of the extra bucks, by too big, do you mean the parts wont fit properly?
  8. no being too big is not a problem... its actually good to get a big case... it helps a lot when u are upgrading
  9. warlock_dthpunch said:
    no being too big is not a problem... its actually good to get a big case... it helps a lot when u are upgrading


    Alright, appreciate the help alot man.
Ask a new question

Read More

AMD Workstations Build Systems