Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

i3 3220 or i5 3470 or amd fx 6300 with a gtx 580

Last response: in CPUs
Share
August 19, 2013 10:31:42 AM

what will be the best as im not planning on upgrading any time soon
a b À AMD
a b à CPUs
August 19, 2013 10:51:27 AM

Do you already have a 580? If you don't, I wouldn't get one. Its not a good value. But to answer your question it depends: rule out the i3, it loses to the FX at the same price. If you OC and want to save money, get the FX. If you want best performance, go i5. Hope this helps!
m
0
l
August 19, 2013 10:56:18 AM

kirilmatthew said:
Do you already have a 580? If you don't, I wouldn't get one. Its not a good value. But to answer your question it depends: rule out the i3, it loses to the FX at the same price. If you OC and want to save money, get the FX. If you want best performance, go i5. Hope this helps!


I haven't got the 580 yet but my budget is £140 and I can get a brand new 580 for that I really want the i5 but its going to be over my budget was think the fx 6300 but heard loads off bad reviews basically people are saying its S**T don't no why because the specs sound good enough
m
0
l
Related resources
a b À AMD
a b à CPUs
August 19, 2013 10:58:51 AM

l4c3y said:
kirilmatthew said:
Do you already have a 580? If you don't, I wouldn't get one. Its not a good value. But to answer your question it depends: rule out the i3, it loses to the FX at the same price. If you OC and want to save money, get the FX. If you want best performance, go i5. Hope this helps!


I haven't got the 580 yet but my budget is £140 and I can get a brand new 580 for that I really want the i5 but its going to be over my budget was think the fx 6300 but heard loads off bad reviews basically people are saying its S**T don't no why because the specs sound good enough


That card is 2 generations old though, I am not familiar with UK prices, but what other cards can you get for that price? The FX is a very good gaming CPU. Hands down the best in its price bracket. I highly recommend it. I would stick with that :) 
m
0
l
August 19, 2013 11:02:37 AM

kirilmatthew said:
l4c3y said:
kirilmatthew said:
Do you already have a 580? If you don't, I wouldn't get one. Its not a good value. But to answer your question it depends: rule out the i3, it loses to the FX at the same price. If you OC and want to save money, get the FX. If you want best performance, go i5. Hope this helps!


I haven't got the 580 yet but my budget is £140 and I can get a brand new 580 for that I really want the i5 but its going to be over my budget was think the fx 6300 but heard loads off bad reviews basically people are saying its S**T don't no why because the specs sound good enough


that's what I was getting till I heard all the bad reviews but I might just get it also gtx 580 / gtx 650 ti / gtx 660

That card is 2 generations old though, I am not familiar with UK prices, but what other cards can you get for that price? The FX is a very good gaming CPU. Hands down the best in its price bracket. I highly recommend it. I would stick with that :) 


m
0
l
a b À AMD
a b à CPUs
August 19, 2013 11:04:36 AM

l4c3y said:
kirilmatthew said:
l4c3y said:
kirilmatthew said:
Do you already have a 580? If you don't, I wouldn't get one. Its not a good value. But to answer your question it depends: rule out the i3, it loses to the FX at the same price. If you OC and want to save money, get the FX. If you want best performance, go i5. Hope this helps!


I haven't got the 580 yet but my budget is £140 and I can get a brand new 580 for that I really want the i5 but its going to be over my budget was think the fx 6300 but heard loads off bad reviews basically people are saying its S**T don't no why because the specs sound good enough


that's what I was getting till I heard all the bad reviews but I might just get it also gtx 580 / gtx 650 ti / gtx 660

That card is 2 generations old though, I am not familiar with UK prices, but what other cards can you get for that price? The FX is a very good gaming CPU. Hands down the best in its price bracket. I highly recommend it. I would stick with that :) 




Alright, 580 isn't bad then! And the FX was quite positively received, I'd go for it for sure
m
0
l
August 19, 2013 11:07:27 AM

so out off gtx 580 / gtx 650 ti / gtx 660 which one thanks
m
0
l
a b À AMD
a b à CPUs
August 19, 2013 11:15:33 AM

l4c3y said:
so out off gtx 580 / gtx 650 ti / gtx 660 which one thanks


580 for sure. What AMD cards are around your price range though? You might get a better deal if you go with them.
m
0
l
August 19, 2013 11:19:07 AM

kirilmatthew said:
l4c3y said:
so out off gtx 580 / gtx 650 ti / gtx 660 which one thanks


580 for sure. What AMD cards are around your price range though? You might get a better deal if you go with them.


heres a link I have £80£100
http://www.scan.co.uk/shop/computer-hardware/all/cpus-a...

m
0
l
a b À AMD
a b à CPUs
August 19, 2013 11:21:41 AM

l4c3y said:
kirilmatthew said:
l4c3y said:
so out off gtx 580 / gtx 650 ti / gtx 660 which one thanks


580 for sure. What AMD cards are around your price range though? You might get a better deal if you go with them.


heres a link I have £80£100
http://www.scan.co.uk/shop/computer-hardware/all/cpus-a...



I meant AMD GPUs haha. Your 6300 is a great choice :) 
m
0
l
August 19, 2013 11:29:07 AM

lol I aint got a clue about amd gpus
m
0
l
a b À AMD
a b à CPUs
August 19, 2013 11:35:42 AM

l4c3y said:
lol I aint got a clue about amd gpus


Just checked for you: stick with the 580! Hope this helps.
m
0
l
August 19, 2013 11:39:52 AM

kirilmatthew said:
l4c3y said:
lol I aint got a clue about amd gpus


Just checked for you: stick with the 580! Hope this helps.


so fx 6300 gtx 580 8gb ram that should be ok and thanks for the help mate
m
0
l

Best solution

a b À AMD
a b à CPUs
August 19, 2013 11:45:19 AM

l4c3y said:
kirilmatthew said:
l4c3y said:
lol I aint got a clue about amd gpus


Just checked for you: stick with the 580! Hope this helps.


so fx 6300 gtx 580 8gb ram that should be ok and thanks for the help mate


Should be great. Remember to get a good PSU: corsair, XFX or seasonic should do the job. Get an AM3+ MB as well. Don't forget a CPU cooler. Even if you don't OC I'd get a cheap one. Hope this helps and feel free to ask any questions you may have. When you have all the answers you need remember to select best answer :) 
Share
!