Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

help, ATI Radeon Powercolor HD 6670 2GB DDR3

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
August 19, 2013 3:51:06 PM

i installed my new graphics card, and everything was a success expect there's no sound or audio. i don't have clue whats the problem??? need help asap
a b U Graphics card
August 19, 2013 3:57:27 PM

First of all, what are you listening through? Are/were you listening through the monitor speakers? Do you have separate speakers/headphones? What is your system spec? Sound card? Then we should be able to help you more. :) 
m
0
l
August 19, 2013 4:02:17 PM

Edgar Castillo Loya said:
i installed my new graphics card, and everything was a success expect there's no sound or audio. i don't have clue whats the problem??? need help asap


PyjamasCat said:
First of all, what are you listening through? Are/were you listening through the monitor speakers? Do you have separate speakers/headphones? What is your system spec? Sound card? Then we should be able to help you more. :) 


headphones, 3.0ghz windows 7 64bit 4gb ram, amd high definition audio device but when i click on Sound it says No Audio Output Device is enabled
m
0
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
August 19, 2013 4:47:28 PM

Edgar Castillo Loya said:

headphones, 3.0ghz windows 7 64bit 4gb ram, amd high definition audio device but when i click on Sound it says No Audio Output Device is enabled


So you are using the mobo audio. Did your mobo come with a disk that has these drivers so you can reinstall? Check all the audio ports and see if they detect your headphones. Reinstall the audio drivers if you can't find a port that detects you device.

If you are using Front panel audio, did you make sure you have that plugged in? I'm not sure if you had to unplug it or not when you installed the GPU, (which you shouldn't have to in most cases, but hey, may as well check).

When you say "when i click on Sound", do you mean the icon in the tray or in control panel?
m
0
l
August 19, 2013 4:57:57 PM

PyjamasCat said:
Edgar Castillo Loya said:

headphones, 3.0ghz windows 7 64bit 4gb ram, amd high definition audio device but when i click on Sound it says No Audio Output Device is enabled


So you are using the mobo audio. Did your mobo come with a disk that has these drivers so you can reinstall? Check all the audio ports and see if they detect your headphones. Reinstall the audio drivers if you can't find a port that detects you device.

If you are using Front panel audio, did you make sure you have that plugged in? I'm not sure if you had to unplug it or not when you installed the GPU, (which you shouldn't have to in most cases, but hey, may as well check).

When you say "when i click on Sound", do you mean the icon in the tray or in control panel?


i was using realtek audio before, but the graphics card only came with a CD which i installed and my headphones were unplugged during the installment i bearly noticed, yes i do mean the icon
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
August 19, 2013 5:12:37 PM

Okay, so you were using Realtek audio, now you are using AMD audio. Push start, and type "device manager". Open that and click on the "sound, video and game controllers" and tell me what is in there. Also right-click your sound again, and tell me what there are for playback devices.
m
0
l
August 19, 2013 5:20:54 PM

PyjamasCat said:
Okay, so you were using Realtek audio, now you are using AMD audio. Push start, and type "device manager". Open that and click on the "sound, video and game controllers" and tell me what is in there. Also right-click your sound again, and tell me what there are for playback devices.


sound, video and game controller :
AMD high definition audio device


playback devices:
AMD HDMI OUTPUT
AMD High Definition Audio Device
Not Plugged in
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
August 19, 2013 5:45:58 PM

Hmm... What is your mobo model? I will see if i can find the audio codec and appropriate drivers.
m
0
l
August 19, 2013 5:53:57 PM

PyjamasCat said:
Hmm... What is your mobo model? I will see if i can find the audio codec and appropriate drivers.


where can i go to find that? sorry ima newbie-_-
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
August 19, 2013 6:08:10 PM

Don't worry :)  that's why your asking for help, right? :p  I ask for help too.

Download CPU-Z (link: http://www.cpuid.com/downloads/cpu-z/1.66-setup-en.exe )
Run it and look in the mainboard tab. Should tell you what the mobo is.

So none of the other audio ports work and the realtek software is gone altogether?
m
0
l
August 19, 2013 6:26:15 PM

PyjamasCat said:
Don't worry :)  that's why your asking for help, right? :p  I ask for help too.

Download CPU-Z (link: http://www.cpuid.com/downloads/cpu-z/1.66-setup-en.exe )
Run it and look in the mainboard tab. Should tell you what the mobo is.

So none of the other audio ports work and the realtek software is gone altogether?

my audio ports don't work and i still have it installed
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
August 19, 2013 6:52:55 PM

I would try reinstalling the realtek driver (is it something like AC'97?). What is you mobo model?
m
0
l
August 19, 2013 8:12:39 PM

PyjamasCat said:
I would try reinstalling the realtek driver (is it something like AC'97?). What is you mobo model?



brand: Hewlett Packard
model: 0AA0h
Version: 786F3 v01.34
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
August 20, 2013 1:22:41 PM

Vista/Win7 (32/64 bits) Driver only (ZIP file)
m
0
l
August 20, 2013 10:00:56 PM

PyjamasCat said:
Vista/Win7 (32/64 bits) Driver only (ZIP file)


i see WinXP/Win7 (32/64 bits?
m
0
l
August 21, 2013 1:55:20 PM

PyjamasCat said:
Vista/Win7 (32/64 bits) Driver only (ZIP file)


i installed it but nothing happen
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
August 21, 2013 3:15:08 PM

Hmm... Have you tried running it manually? Go to the program.exe and run it. It should have it's own control panel.
m
0
l
!