Solved

Need help picking components for PC build

I'm using this mainly for Graphic Design and casual gaming. I'm mainly using Photoshop, Illustrator, Mudbox, Zbrush, Cinema 4d, Corel Painter, and some InDesign. My budget is $2700, but I can push it a little bit further if necessary.

And also I already have monitors,keyboard,mouse,etc. But I would also like suggestions for new speakers(don't add this into budget).
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about picking components build
  1. Here You Go
    INTEL BUILD
    Updated
    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1u3NX
  2. patrick47018 said:


    I definitely prefer Intel, I'm going to need more ram than 8gb, and I also don't need a workstation GPU. I run 2 Dell U2412Ms, I'll probably add a third sometime down the road.
  3. Shaik Farooq said:

    Here You Go
    INTEL BUILD
    Updated
    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1u3NX


    I don't need a quadro, I should of mentioned that I don't use any CAD programs at all. I focus mainly on digital painting, concept art, photo editing, Illustration, etc. The 32gb RAM is what I had in mind. I would also prefer a smaller case(Mid tower). A normal Geforce card will do me fine, for running my monitors and gaming. And I was wondering whether I should go with a 4770k or wait a little bit longer for the 4930k?
  4. GodIsAnAstronaut said:
    Shaik Farooq said:

    Here You Go
    INTEL BUILD
    Updated
    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1u3NX


    I don't need a quadro, I should of mentioned that I don't use any CAD programs at all. I focus mainly on digital painting, concept art, photo editing, Illustration, etc. The 32gb RAM is what I had in mind. I would also prefer a smaller case(Mid tower). A normal Geforce card will do me fine, for running my monitors and gaming. And I was wondering whether I should go with a 4770k or wait a little bit longer for the 4930k?



    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1u63V
    Here You GO This one hell of a beast!!!
    Just Below your budget..

    Plus if wondering about 4930k or 4770k
    check this
    http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1736761/modelind-workstation-intel-4770k-wait-4930k.html
  5. Shaik Farooq said:
    GodIsAnAstronaut said:
    Shaik Farooq said:

    Here You Go
    INTEL BUILD
    Updated
    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1u3NX


    I don't need a quadro, I should of mentioned that I don't use any CAD programs at all. I focus mainly on digital painting, concept art, photo editing, Illustration, etc. The 32gb RAM is what I had in mind. I would also prefer a smaller case(Mid tower). A normal Geforce card will do me fine, for running my monitors and gaming. And I was wondering whether I should go with a 4770k or wait a little bit longer for the 4930k?



    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1u63V
    Here You GO This one hell of a beast!!!
    Just Below your budget..

    Plus if wondering about 4930k or 4770k
    check this
    http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1736761/modelind-workstation-intel-4770k-wait-4930k.html


    I really like this build, the only thing I would change is the case but that's all personal preference. Also could you recomend me a nice set of speakers, around $200 and if need be a sound card to go with it, I listen to music hours at a time nearly every day, so I would like good quality.
  6. Best answer
    GodIsAnAstronaut said:
    Shaik Farooq said:
    GodIsAnAstronaut said:
    Shaik Farooq said:

    Here You Go
    INTEL BUILD
    Updated
    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1u3NX


    I don't need a quadro, I should of mentioned that I don't use any CAD programs at all. I focus mainly on digital painting, concept art, photo editing, Illustration, etc. The 32gb RAM is what I had in mind. I would also prefer a smaller case(Mid tower). A normal Geforce card will do me fine, for running my monitors and gaming. And I was wondering whether I should go with a 4770k or wait a little bit longer for the 4930k?



    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1u63V
    Here You GO This one hell of a beast!!!
    Just Below your budget..

    Plus if wondering about 4930k or 4770k
    check this
    http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1736761/modelind-workstation-intel-4770k-wait-4930k.html


    I really like this build, the only thing I would change is the case but that's all personal preference. Also could you recomend me a nice set of speakers, around $200 and if need be a sound card to go with it, I listen to music hours at a time nearly every day, so I would like good quality.


    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1u6oS
    here you go
    plus you can just click on the edit button on top right corner to select or customize if you want
  7. Shaik Farooq said:
    GodIsAnAstronaut said:
    Shaik Farooq said:
    GodIsAnAstronaut said:
    Shaik Farooq said:

    Here You Go
    INTEL BUILD
    Updated
    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1u3NX


    I don't need a quadro, I should of mentioned that I don't use any CAD programs at all. I focus mainly on digital painting, concept art, photo editing, Illustration, etc. The 32gb RAM is what I had in mind. I would also prefer a smaller case(Mid tower). A normal Geforce card will do me fine, for running my monitors and gaming. And I was wondering whether I should go with a 4770k or wait a little bit longer for the 4930k?



    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1u63V
    Here You GO This one hell of a beast!!!
    Just Below your budget..

    Plus if wondering about 4930k or 4770k
    check this
    http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1736761/modelind-workstation-intel-4770k-wait-4930k.html


    I really like this build, the only thing I would change is the case but that's all personal preference. Also could you recomend me a nice set of speakers, around $200 and if need be a sound card to go with it, I listen to music hours at a time nearly every day, so I would like good quality.


    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1u6oS
    here you go
    plus you can just click on the edit button on top right corner to select or customize if you want


    Thanks, I really like this build, out of curiosity I see a lot of people use those Corsair speakers; are they good for getting great quality music?
  8. Here a review from amazon from a customer
    Customer Review

    72 of 76 people found the following review helpful
    5.0 out of 5 stars Corsair SP2500: Incredible Value, April 27, 2011
    By
    D. Snow
    Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
    This review is from: Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2500 High-Power 2.1 PC Speaker System (CA-SP211NA) (Personal Computers)
    I'm going to preface review by saying that, while I'm not an audiophile, I have substantially more knowledge than the average consumer about audio equipment. Buying new headphones and speakers is kind of my hobby.

    I've now had my SP2500 for approximately a week, giving me ample time to test them out with a variety of music genres and inputs. I listen to classical music, hip hop, electronic, and some alternative rock. It handles all these with amazing detail and clarity. The bass is deep and powerful, but not overbearing in the slightest, thanks to each individual speaker getting its own amplifier. The SP2500 also retains clarity at 100% volume, which is extraordinarily loud (I like my music loud overall, and it even had me flinching). I generally like to keep it around 70% to 80% when I want to play loud, and it's enough to fill my house without hurting my ears.

    This system comes with an 8" side-firing subwoofer, and the thing is absolutely gigantic. Looking at pictures of it online will not prepare you. It's not a problem for me, but if you are severely constrained with your space, it's definitely something to consider. It also has two satellites, each with a 3" driver to carry the midrange and a 1" tweeter to sustain the highs. A fantastic thing about these speakers is that every frequency stays where it should be at any volume level. For example, on many computer speakers/iPod docks, the bass becomes disproportionately lower as the volume goes down overall. Not with these.

    I don't play PC games, but I do play my 360. Hooking these up and playing Halo Reach was amazing. When a grenade went off near me, I didn't just hear it, I felt it. And even though this is a 2.1 system, direction was still easy to pinpoint.

    While I can't speak highly enough about these speakers, if I had to pick out a flaw, it would be that songs that have a heavy midrange (like rock) sound slightly muffled. But really, that's only in comparison to the sky-scraping standards of the rest of this system; rock sounds better on this than any other computer speakers or iPod dock I've heard, so it's still the best you can get.

    When it comes to my hip hop, I'm a bit of a bass-head. While I don't want it to overpower the mids and highs, I want to feel it. Let me tell you from experience, this is the best bass you can get on any computer system or iPod dock at ANY price point. It's deep and low and incredibly multi-faceted. And when I blast Tupac's "Changes" at 80%, I can feel the bass vibrating my clothes while the piano notes stay crisp. It's amazing.

    I was able to compare it to other bass-oriented systems, too; a friend lives in the back of my house, and he's been going through different iPod docks trying to find the right one. He had the Altec Lansing inMotion MIX iPod dock, and my system handily defeated it in all areas. After having to return the MIX three times to Amazon because of defects, he finally ordered the Beats by Dre dock. I was a little worried... was this where he would finally find the bass to overpower mine? The answer? Absolutely not. The bass doesn't hit as hard and sounds muddy when compared to the SP2500 (though bass is still good compared to other docks... it's just no contest in comparison to the SP2500), and the mids and highs were really compromised on his system. The Beats dock didn't even get as loud as the SP2500, which surprised me a little.

    I'm rambling now, so I'll try to end this quickly. Simply put, this system is the best audio purchase I have ever made. It is great for all types of music and video games at any audio level. And if you love bass, this can definitely provide that; it easily bests systems that are two or three times the price of this that are specifically built for that purpose! Words really can't describe how much I love these.

    If you're at all on the fence, order these (whether they're for your TV, computer, or even MP3 player) and try them out. Don't take my word for it. These are the best value in any speaker system at any price. Do it. You know you want to.
  9. Shaik Farooq said:
    Here a review from amazon from a customer
    Customer Review

    72 of 76 people found the following review helpful
    5.0 out of 5 stars Corsair SP2500: Incredible Value, April 27, 2011
    By
    D. Snow
    Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
    This review is from: Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2500 High-Power 2.1 PC Speaker System (CA-SP211NA) (Personal Computers)
    I'm going to preface review by saying that, while I'm not an audiophile, I have substantially more knowledge than the average consumer about audio equipment. Buying new headphones and speakers is kind of my hobby.

    I've now had my SP2500 for approximately a week, giving me ample time to test them out with a variety of music genres and inputs. I listen to classical music, hip hop, electronic, and some alternative rock. It handles all these with amazing detail and clarity. The bass is deep and powerful, but not overbearing in the slightest, thanks to each individual speaker getting its own amplifier. The SP2500 also retains clarity at 100% volume, which is extraordinarily loud (I like my music loud overall, and it even had me flinching). I generally like to keep it around 70% to 80% when I want to play loud, and it's enough to fill my house without hurting my ears.

    This system comes with an 8" side-firing subwoofer, and the thing is absolutely gigantic. Looking at pictures of it online will not prepare you. It's not a problem for me, but if you are severely constrained with your space, it's definitely something to consider. It also has two satellites, each with a 3" driver to carry the midrange and a 1" tweeter to sustain the highs. A fantastic thing about these speakers is that every frequency stays where it should be at any volume level. For example, on many computer speakers/iPod docks, the bass becomes disproportionately lower as the volume goes down overall. Not with these.

    I don't play PC games, but I do play my 360. Hooking these up and playing Halo Reach was amazing. When a grenade went off near me, I didn't just hear it, I felt it. And even though this is a 2.1 system, direction was still easy to pinpoint.

    While I can't speak highly enough about these speakers, if I had to pick out a flaw, it would be that songs that have a heavy midrange (like rock) sound slightly muffled. But really, that's only in comparison to the sky-scraping standards of the rest of this system; rock sounds better on this than any other computer speakers or iPod dock I've heard, so it's still the best you can get.

    When it comes to my hip hop, I'm a bit of a bass-head. While I don't want it to overpower the mids and highs, I want to feel it. Let me tell you from experience, this is the best bass you can get on any computer system or iPod dock at ANY price point. It's deep and low and incredibly multi-faceted. And when I blast Tupac's "Changes" at 80%, I can feel the bass vibrating my clothes while the piano notes stay crisp. It's amazing.

    I was able to compare it to other bass-oriented systems, too; a friend lives in the back of my house, and he's been going through different iPod docks trying to find the right one. He had the Altec Lansing inMotion MIX iPod dock, and my system handily defeated it in all areas. After having to return the MIX three times to Amazon because of defects, he finally ordered the Beats by Dre dock. I was a little worried... was this where he would finally find the bass to overpower mine? The answer? Absolutely not. The bass doesn't hit as hard and sounds muddy when compared to the SP2500 (though bass is still good compared to other docks... it's just no contest in comparison to the SP2500), and the mids and highs were really compromised on his system. The Beats dock didn't even get as loud as the SP2500, which surprised me a little.

    I'm rambling now, so I'll try to end this quickly. Simply put, this system is the best audio purchase I have ever made. It is great for all types of music and video games at any audio level. And if you love bass, this can definitely provide that; it easily bests systems that are two or three times the price of this that are specifically built for that purpose! Words really can't describe how much I love these.

    If you're at all on the fence, order these (whether they're for your TV, computer, or even MP3 player) and try them out. Don't take my word for it. These are the best value in any speaker system at any price. Do it. You know you want to.


    Alright thanks, sounds like they are some solid speakers :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming CPUs Design Build Components Graphics Cards Systems