LED's and fans won't turn off!

I recently had to rewire my computer. Now, when I shut down the computer, the display turns off but all the fans and led's in the computer do not turn off unless I manually hold the power button for 5 seconds. Could this be a wiring issue?
6 answers Last reply
More about led fans turn
  1. Check your bios and make sure your sleep setting is set correctly, you may be using a different sleep setting. Take a look in your manual and see if there is an option for power settings/sleep settings of some kind.
  2. burdenbound said:
    Check your bios and make sure your sleep setting is set correctly, you may be using a different sleep setting. Take a look in your manual and see if there is an option for power settings/sleep settings of some kind.


    I checked in my bios, but I don't see any sleep settings. There was something called deep sleep which I disabled, but that didn't do anything.
  3. When you said you had to rewire the computer what exactly do you mean? Maybe I can get a little insight to the issue with some more information.
  4. burdenbound said:
    When you said you had to rewire the computer what exactly do you mean? Maybe I can get a little insight to the issue with some more information.


    I mean that I just unplugged all the cables and then plugged them back in with more regard to cable management. Before, it was just a mess. Actually, though, I suspect the problem is with the molex connectors for the fans and LED's. What exactly is the point of these molex cables or whatever, because all I did was plug in the 3 pin fan connectors into the mobo and the LED's/fans run just fine. So basically, I didn't plug in the molex cables when I plugged in all the cables this time.
  5. quancita said:
    burdenbound said:
    When you said you had to rewire the computer what exactly do you mean? Maybe I can get a little insight to the issue with some more information.


    I mean that I just unplugged all the cables and then plugged them back in with more regard to cable management. Before, it was just a mess. Actually, though, I suspect the problem is with the molex connectors for the fans and LED's. What exactly is the point of these molex cables or whatever, because all I did was plug in the 3 pin fan connectors into the mobo and the LED's/fans run just fine. So basically, I didn't plug in the molex cables when I plugged in all the cables this time.


    Molex cables are for power, if you have enough 3 pins on the motherboard you can use those and not worry about the molex cables, they are there in case you don't have enough motherboard connections or don't want to use them. Either way I don't see why they are remaining powered on when the system is turning off. Are you sleeping your pc or putting it into hibernation?
  6. burdenbound said:
    quancita said:
    burdenbound said:
    When you said you had to rewire the computer what exactly do you mean? Maybe I can get a little insight to the issue with some more information.


    I mean that I just unplugged all the cables and then plugged them back in with more regard to cable management. Before, it was just a mess. Actually, though, I suspect the problem is with the molex connectors for the fans and LED's. What exactly is the point of these molex cables or whatever, because all I did was plug in the 3 pin fan connectors into the mobo and the LED's/fans run just fine. So basically, I didn't plug in the molex cables when I plugged in all the cables this time.


    Molex cables are for power, if you have enough 3 pins on the motherboard you can use those and not worry about the molex cables, they are there in case you don't have enough motherboard connections or don't want to use them. Either way I don't see why they are remaining powered on when the system is turning off. Are you sleeping your pc or putting it into hibernation?


    No, I'm certain that I'm pressing the shut down button, definitely not sleeping or anything. Could this be a result of a faulty part or anything?
Ask a new question

Read More

Computers Systems LED Monitor