I5 760 max load in long use safe temperature is?75*c?

Brotherofwar

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2013
hi everyone i wish to know what is a safe temperature to run under max load.
currently im oc from 2.8 to 3.1ghz and its runs steady at 69*c\71*c.Celcius
Never above that and by so i want to know if its warmefull or from what point it can warm the processor itself.
Btw is stock fan.So im not going to juice it more because of obvios reasons.
Results obtained after intelburn test 10m into it

Solution
This is the first generation of i5 CPUs and yes they were heating more. I think they can operate up to 95C.

75C under load might seem a little high, but as I said these CPUs ran a little hotter compared to newer generations of i5s. For instance, I have a i5-2500K with stock cooler and I hit 60C under load.

In other words, this is not critical but you could always get a better aftermarket cooler if you want to bring the temps down.

MC_K7

Distinguished
This is the first generation of i5 CPUs and yes they were heating more. I think they can operate up to 95C.

75C under load might seem a little high, but as I said these CPUs ran a little hotter compared to newer generations of i5s. For instance, I have a i5-2500K with stock cooler and I hit 60C under load.

In other words, this is not critical but you could always get a better aftermarket cooler if you want to bring the temps down.

Solution

porkchopVSintel

Honorable
Aug 20, 2013
its throttling the max temp for it is 72 meaning if it goes above that it will throttle and clock itself down, meaning ur no good with the overclock. u need to buy some better fan then if u want to overclock....

porkchopVSintel

Honorable
Aug 20, 2013
for newer cpus 70 is nothing but for older its something, you can always keep it that way but it will clock itself down and only give you like 50 mhz more or something, IB can tolreate 105 celcius and your LF can tolerate 72 before throtteling,

MC_K7

Distinguished
I don't think that 70C is dangerous. It might shorten the life of the CPU a bit, but chances are you'll likely change the whole computer before it dies. I would say 70C is just borderline high, but not yet critical.

As I said earlier if this bothers you just get a better heatsink and fan.