Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Problem with my Sapphire HD 7770 Ghz Edition

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
August 20, 2013 11:16:45 AM

So i just got this GPU off Amazon a few days ago, too keep everything short and simple, i can't even run MW2 or CoD4 maxed out on the GPU and when i used MSI afterburn to track it, I realized that the GPU doesnt go beyond 30% usage for some reason which results in very low frames even at 1024x768, rendering games unplayable... i have a very bad system but it passes all requirements for the games im trying and i still cant play them, one point of info, its not my PSU as if i do a stress test, the usage does go up to 99-100% constant, so the gpu does have the power but for some particular reason does not use it when needed... So i would appreciate any help on this subject as its frustrating me very very much

My system specs-
500 GB HDD
2GB DDR2 RAM
Sapphire HD 7770 Ghz Edition 1 GB OC'd at 1145 Mhz, 1250 Memory. ( Stable )
Athlon 64 x2 4600+ OC'd at 2.53 Ghz

I know its a bad system but still supposed to run the games im throwing at it, so please help me and Thanks to everyone who tries!

Best solution

August 20, 2013 11:23:25 AM

your problem is your cpu isn't strong enough for the game. your gpu isn't maxed out because the cpu isn't able to push the frames necessary to keep up.

looks like its time to trade in that old war horse and go with a newer model. you can get a pretty good mb/ram/cpu combo for less then 300 these days. probably worth looking around. (fx6300+ga970-ud3+8gb of ddr3 ram)
Share
August 20, 2013 11:42:22 AM

ingtar33 said:
your problem is your cpu isn't strong enough for the game. your gpu isn't maxed out because the cpu isn't able to push the frames necessary to keep up.

looks like its time to trade in that old war horse and go with a newer model. you can get a pretty good mb/ram/cpu combo for less then 300 these days. probably worth looking around. (fx6300+ga970-ud3+8gb of ddr3 ram)


Well i just found quite a good Core for a cheap price and i've seen a youtuber ( Austin Evans ) Test it and he says it plays quite well! It's this - http://www.amazon.com/Advance-Device-Graphocs-Processor...

Any opinion on that ? Thank you for your help!

Edit - Nevermind! Thanks alot for your information man it helped alot the motherboard is a great price and the core is too! Thank you so much man!
m
0
l
Related resources
August 20, 2013 11:50:48 AM

Alex Zakka said:
ingtar33 said:
your problem is your cpu isn't strong enough for the game. your gpu isn't maxed out because the cpu isn't able to push the frames necessary to keep up.

looks like its time to trade in that old war horse and go with a newer model. you can get a pretty good mb/ram/cpu combo for less then 300 these days. probably worth looking around. (fx6300+ga970-ud3+8gb of ddr3 ram)


Well i just found quite a good Core for a cheap price and i've seen a youtuber ( Austin Evans ) Test it and he says it plays quite well! It's this - http://www.amazon.com/Advance-Device-Graphocs-Processor...

Any opinion on that ? Thank you for your help!


yeah... thats an Athlon II x4 750K, it's basically the same piledriver core as a an a10-5800k or a8-5600k APU only with the on chip graphics disabled. It will do for you, though it won't perform quite as impressively as a 4 or 6 core FX, due to the lack of L3 cache. It will be a large step up over your current system.

It's a FM2 socket chip, so you'll need a new FM2 motherboard, you'll also need DDR3 ram.
m
0
l
August 20, 2013 11:52:55 AM

ingtar33 said:
Alex Zakka said:
ingtar33 said:
your problem is your cpu isn't strong enough for the game. your gpu isn't maxed out because the cpu isn't able to push the frames necessary to keep up.

looks like its time to trade in that old war horse and go with a newer model. you can get a pretty good mb/ram/cpu combo for less then 300 these days. probably worth looking around. (fx6300+ga970-ud3+8gb of ddr3 ram)


Well i just found quite a good Core for a cheap price and i've seen a youtuber ( Austin Evans ) Test it and he says it plays quite well! It's this - http://www.amazon.com/Advance-Device-Graphocs-Processor...

Any opinion on that ? Thank you for your help!


yeah... thats an Athlon II x4 750K, it's basically the same piledriver core as a an a10-5800k or a8-5600k APU only with the on chip graphics disabled. It will do for you, though it won't perform quite as impressively as a 4 or 6 core FX, due to the lack of L3 cache. It will be a large step up over your current system.

It's a FM2 socket chip, so you'll need a new FM2 motherboard, you'll also need DDR3 ram.


Thank you very much man, im going to go with your options!

m
0
l
!