7970 GHz edition delivering low fps?

Jeziaus

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
I recently got a Gigabyte 7970 GHz edition, but it seems to be actually performing worse than my previous card, a 7770 GHz edition. On games like Witcher 2, Battlefield 3, Crysis 3 it deliver 20-30 fps on max settings. I've updated my drivers, and my current build is a FX-8350, 8GB 1300Mhz DDR3 memory, 1TB WD caviar blue hard drive and a Gigabyte 970A-D3 motherboard.

Can anyone tell me why I might be getting this performance?

Solution
Get driver fusion and latest and beta drivers.

Uninstall old driver and don't restart.
Run driver fusion amd cleaner and restart.
Install new driver as custom and only instal display and HDMI driver.

Update your BIOS and get rid of avast if you use it.
Get driver fusion and latest and beta drivers.

Uninstall old driver and don't restart.
Run driver fusion amd cleaner and restart.
Install new driver as custom and only instal display and HDMI driver.

Update your BIOS and get rid of avast if you use it.

Solution

Heironious

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
Get rid of AVAST? Why on Earth? He has an 8 core CPU, if that can't play games and have a virus scanner than.....well.... He said it's running worse than his old 7770, so it's obviously something else not the anti virus. I use AVAST and it does not interfere with anything. If he has an LGA 775 core 2 duo with 1 - 2 GB RAM then yes, definitely.

Edit: Maybe your PSU can't keep up.

Becaue avast causes all sorts of system slowdowns and problems, I have removed it from many peoples computers and solved many strange and random issues and increased their system responsiveness.

Even the latest editions are just as bad, I have fixed quite a few peoples problems on toms by them dumping avast, even those with i7's and 8GB of ram, the software is just bad.

Jeziaus

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013

I have a Coolermaster 625W Extreme2 PSU. As far as I know, this still gives me at least 100w extra....

Jeziaus

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013

The power supply is less than a year old, and I am already going through with the drivers now.

Jeziaus

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013

I wiped the drivers, reinstalled and it seems to be giving me a bit more fps (around 40 in smaller levels), but the minute an environment opens out it just drops straight back down to 10-20 fps.