Around 1000$ CAD Build

Eltomocto

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
Approximate Purchase Date: e.g.: Next mount

Budget Range: around 1000

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Civil3D,Office,mail, When I dont do CAD, I do the technical support.

Are you buying a monitor: no

Parts to Upgrade: All

Do you need to buy OS: No. I already have a Windows 7 pro 64 Bits

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Doesnt matter

Parts Preferences: I want a Certified from Autodesk GPU

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: No

Your Monitor Resolution: I dont really know at this point...

Additional Comments: I'll also use the system to support users. I'm going to do some AutoCad Civil3d and that's why i'm upgrading.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: It's for work. My actual computer is like 10 years old. I'm going to do Cad job in the futur so I need something that will do the job.

Here is what I chose for a start. It's been a while since I have to build a system and I dont know well what's good in the market this years... I know it's 1200$ but as i said it's a starting point. If I can have better for less money jut let me know ;)

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/1uvGo

Any advise would be apreciate.

Solution
That looks pretty good. Make sure you get the low profile Vengeance RAM and switch the PSU to the Seasonic S12 620W, otherwise that all looks good.

bmanv13

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013

Good job on selecting parts. However, the only two things I would recommend changing is your RAM and GPU. From what I heard, Nvidia cards are more known for their rendering capabilities and AMD are mainly recommended only for gaming. For the same price as the card you have chosen, you could get a EVGA or a ASUS GTX 760 for $250. As for the RAM, I believe the motherboard supports Dual-Channel memory so 1 stick of 8GB RAM won't be as fast as 2 sticks of 4GB each. Same price, but better performance.

Eltomocto

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
Thx alot guys for your answer. I will follow your suggestion whit the RAM and ill go whit that build. I dont know yet if ill switch the GPU for an Nvidia but I will consider it wisely.

I will also look further for the PSU before making the purchase. I'll post my build when I make the purchase.

Thx again guys and special thanks to this site. Tom's hardware is great !!