Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

New build --2500$ max for Cryengine and gaming

Tags:
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
August 21, 2013 10:53:51 AM

Hi:

I'm interested in starting to play around with Cryengine as well as have the ability to play all current games. My knowledge of hardware is severely lacking, although I have built a number of boxes in the distant past. Any build advice would be great!

In addition to the tower, I will need a monitor and OS.

I prefer intel and Nvidia, just from past experience.

My budget shouldn't go much beyond $2500.

I would likely be interested in OCing the CPU

Thanks!

More about : build 2500 max cryengine gaming

Best solution

August 21, 2013 11:32:23 AM

Check out this build, it should run current games maxed out easily. Also it is easy to overclock with, and uses the best quality parts I could find that fit within your price range.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($279.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($74.99 @ Newegg)
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste ($7.25 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($153.98 @ Outlet PC)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Z Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Sandisk 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($89.99 @ Microcenter)
Storage: Seagate 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($199.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card ($649.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Thermaltake VN300M1W2N ATX Full Tower Case ($108.00 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: OCZ ZT 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($16.98 @ Outlet PC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
Monitor: LG 24EA53V-P 60Hz 23.8" Monitor ($219.98 @ NCIX US)
Total: $2071.10
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-21 14:35 EDT-0400)
Share
August 21, 2013 8:01:21 PM

RazerZ said:
Check out this build, it should run current games maxed out easily. Also it is easy to overclock with, and uses the best quality parts I could find that fit within your price range.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($279.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($74.99 @ Newegg)
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste ($7.25 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($153.98 @ Outlet PC)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Z Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Sandisk 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($89.99 @ Microcenter)
Storage: Seagate 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($199.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card ($649.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Thermaltake VN300M1W2N ATX Full Tower Case ($108.00 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: OCZ ZT 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($16.98 @ Outlet PC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
Monitor: LG 24EA53V-P 60Hz 23.8" Monitor ($219.98 @ NCIX US)
Total: $2071.10
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-21 14:35 EDT-0400)


Thanks RazerZ! Much appreciated. So, a single GTX780 would be the way to go? Would I see (or need) huge improvements with 2x 770s?

Thanks again!
m
0
l
Related resources
August 21, 2013 8:06:40 PM

No Offence but this build kicks Razerz build.......
Also get a quality PSU.
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($279.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($94.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($179.99 @ Microcenter)
Memory: G.Skill Sniper Gaming Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($119.00 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($122.99 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($114.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 4GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($479.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 4GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($479.99 @ Amazon)
Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Enthusiast 850W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($104.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($15.98 @ Outlet PC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($88.88 @ Outlet PC)
Monitor: Asus VE278H 27.0" Monitor ($229.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $2446.76
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-21 23:09 EDT-0400)
m
0
l
August 21, 2013 8:29:32 PM

amamahcap said:
RazerZ said:
Check out this build, it should run current games maxed out easily. Also it is easy to overclock with, and uses the best quality parts I could find that fit within your price range.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($279.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($74.99 @ Newegg)
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste ($7.25 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($153.98 @ Outlet PC)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Z Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Sandisk 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($89.99 @ Microcenter)
Storage: Seagate 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($199.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card ($649.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Thermaltake VN300M1W2N ATX Full Tower Case ($108.00 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: OCZ ZT 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($16.98 @ Outlet PC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
Monitor: LG 24EA53V-P 60Hz 23.8" Monitor ($219.98 @ NCIX US)
Total: $2071.10
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-21 14:35 EDT-0400)


Thanks RazerZ! Much appreciated. So, a single GTX780 would be the way to go? Would I see (or need) huge improvements with 2x 770s?

Thanks again!


Hmm now that I think about it dual 770s would be better brb going to update build.

m
0
l
August 21, 2013 8:44:51 PM

Now this is what I'm talking about. I gave it quality parts so the price increased, but it's definitely worth it. This build still fits in your budget.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($279.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($74.99 @ Newegg)
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste ($2.25 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($149.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Z Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Sandisk 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($89.99 @ Microcenter)
Storage: Seagate 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($199.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($393.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($393.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 ATX Mid Tower Case ($92.19 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair Gaming 800W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($99.99 @ Microcenter)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($16.98 @ Outlet PC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
Monitor: Asus VS24AH-P 24.0" Monitor ($226.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $2231.30
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-21 23:44 EDT-0400)
m
0
l
August 22, 2013 8:58:51 AM

I still think my build is better for 200$ more.
m
0
l
August 22, 2013 9:27:30 AM

Made a new build, and now they are roughly the same except mine is a bit faster and has a much better monitor with IPS and a 3D display, and can overclock at lower temperatures.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($279.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($74.99 @ Newegg)
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste ($2.25 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($149.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($133.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Sandisk 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($89.99 @ Microcenter)
Storage: Seagate 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($215.99 @ Mac Mall)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($443.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($443.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Zalman Z12 Plus ATX Mid Tower Case ($38.99 @ Microcenter)
Power Supply: PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk III 850W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($129.99 @ Microcenter)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($16.98 @ Outlet PC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
Monitor: Asus VG27AH 27.0" Monitor ($284.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $2396.10
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-22 12:26 EDT-0400)
m
0
l
August 22, 2013 9:39:47 AM

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($279.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($92.99 @ NCIX US)
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste ($2.25 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($149.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Z Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Sandisk 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($89.99 @ Microcenter)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($119.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 4GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($479.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 4GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($479.99 @ Amazon)
Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Professional 850W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($134.99 @ Microcenter)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($16.98 @ Outlet PC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($85.99 @ NCIX US)
Monitor: Asus VG27AH 27.0" Monitor ($284.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $2453.11
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-22 12:39 EDT-0400)

These GTX 770s are far better. Corsair also has reliable PSU. Also doesn't have a bulky noctua.
m
0
l
August 22, 2013 9:43:28 AM

FractalDesignCore said:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($279.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($92.99 @ NCIX US)
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste ($2.25 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($149.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Z Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Sandisk 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($89.99 @ Microcenter)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($119.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 4GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($479.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 4GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($479.99 @ Amazon)
Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Professional 850W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($134.99 @ Microcenter)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($16.98 @ Outlet PC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($85.99 @ NCIX US)
Monitor: Asus VG27AH 27.0" Monitor ($284.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $2453.11
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-22 12:39 EDT-0400)

These GTX 770s are far better. Corsair also has reliable PSU. Also doesn't have a bulky noctua.


Sure it doesn't have a noctua, but keep in mind this motherboard isn't waterproof.

m
0
l
August 22, 2013 9:46:48 AM

RazerZ said:
FractalDesignCore said:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($279.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($92.99 @ NCIX US)
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste ($2.25 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($149.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Z Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Sandisk 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($89.99 @ Microcenter)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($119.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 4GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($479.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 4GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($479.99 @ Amazon)
Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Professional 850W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($134.99 @ Microcenter)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($16.98 @ Outlet PC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($85.99 @ NCIX US)
Monitor: Asus VG27AH 27.0" Monitor ($284.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $2453.11
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-22 12:39 EDT-0400)

These GTX 770s are far better. Corsair also has reliable PSU. Also doesn't have a bulky noctua.


Sure it doesn't have a noctua, but keep in mind this motherboard isn't waterproof.



It is a closed loop. Ive had mine for 2 years now it is silent. Running 75f idle and 120f load.
m
0
l
August 22, 2013 9:59:13 AM

FractalDesignCore said:
RazerZ said:
FractalDesignCore said:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($279.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($92.99 @ NCIX US)
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste ($2.25 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($149.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Z Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Sandisk 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($89.99 @ Microcenter)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($119.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 4GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($479.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 4GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($479.99 @ Amazon)
Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Professional 850W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($134.99 @ Microcenter)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($16.98 @ Outlet PC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($85.99 @ NCIX US)
Monitor: Asus VG27AH 27.0" Monitor ($284.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $2453.11
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-22 12:39 EDT-0400)

These GTX 770s are far better. Corsair also has reliable PSU. Also doesn't have a bulky noctua.


Sure it doesn't have a noctua, but keep in mind this motherboard isn't waterproof.



It is a closed loop. Ive had mine for 2 years now it is silent. Running 75f idle and 120f load.


Well many other people have had issues with it recently. If your returning to building systems after a while it might be best just to get an air cooler.
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1703461/h100i-co...
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1039931606
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1aXprVHriY
m
0
l
August 22, 2013 10:03:42 AM

And i quote
"
#8
Old 06-03-2013, 02:12 PM
MacLeod [H]ardness Supreme, 4.1 Years

Status: MacLeod is online now
That Hyper might be handling your current duties with roughly the same temps as your H100 but that doesn't show the whole story. I had a Hyper and it is an excellent cooler and probably the best cooler dollar for dollar and I got to 4.3 Ghz on my 8150 but that was at stock voltage. Once I ticked it up a little, temps shot up quite a bit and I quickly blew passed my 62C redline.

And as comparison, the Hyper was running 61C at 4.3 Ghz with 1.35V. When I got my H100 I ran at those settings to see the difference and it was 41C! I'm now at 4.5 GHz and 1.4V and hovering in the low to mid 50's under OCCT and during normal use, I'm able to keep the fans at the lowest setting which makes them virtually silent and it never gets out of the mid 40's while gaming. While trying (in vain) to get 4.6 to work, I've been as high as 1.49V and this H100 STILL kept temps under 62C!

So I totally agree that the Hyper is a superb cooler but is no match for a H100. If you had a heat generating monster like my 8150, you'd see the H100i of yours is in a whole other league. "

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1039931606


It really is up to the buyer he could get a bulky noctua and have a design in his case that isnt very sleek. Or a H100i that blows past an air cooler and has a nice design.
m
0
l
August 22, 2013 3:39:22 PM

RazerZ said:
Made a new build, and now they are roughly the same except mine is a bit faster and has a much better monitor with IPS and a 3D display, and can overclock at lower temperatures.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($279.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($74.99 @ Newegg)
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste ($2.25 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($149.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($133.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Sandisk 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($89.99 @ Microcenter)
Storage: Seagate 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($215.99 @ Mac Mall)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($443.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($443.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Zalman Z12 Plus ATX Mid Tower Case ($38.99 @ Microcenter)
Power Supply: PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk III 850W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($129.99 @ Microcenter)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($16.98 @ Outlet PC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
Monitor: Asus VG27AH 27.0" Monitor ($284.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $2396.10
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-22 12:26 EDT-0400)


How many times must I point out that you don't need an i7 for gaming, and that 2133 RAM will void your CPU's warranty? And don't pay for a $40 case on a $2500 build, that is not only a huge faux pas, it really makes the whole thing look cheap. You want at least a $100 case for this type of build. I would do this:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($229.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X60 98.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($107.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($139.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($63.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($108.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($399.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($399.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair 500R White ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000G2 1000W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($197.04 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1935.93
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-22 18:38 EDT-0400)
m
0
l
August 22, 2013 4:02:02 PM

Alright whatever but that 1 tb HD will be filled fast. I wouldnt cheap out on an hard drive.
m
0
l
August 22, 2013 4:19:03 PM

FractalDesignCore said:
Alright whatever but that 1 tb HD will be filled fast. I wouldnt cheap out on an hard drive.


You can always add more drives as you need them. The average user won't need more than 1.5TB - with all the music and movies I have on my laptop's HD, I still have 300+GB left over.
m
0
l
August 22, 2013 4:21:18 PM

g-unit1111 said:
FractalDesignCore said:
Alright whatever but that 1 tb HD will be filled fast. I wouldnt cheap out on an hard drive.


You can always add more drives as you need them. The average user won't need more than 1.5TB - with all the music and movies I have on my laptop's HD, I still have 300+GB left over.


It really is up to the buyer then.
m
0
l