Solved

first build ever help

hi guys just wanted to ask if you can help me build a gaming pc.. the pc will be used for gaming and internet. i have 600-700 dollars. btw i live in canada.i will need OS and monitor too i have a keyboard and mouse already. i will be playing latest titles too. pls suggest a good monitor if you can. i also lack space so a smaller pc would be great maybe we should not go for the atx =) its up to you. thanks =)
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about build
  1. Working on a build atm.
  2. Best answer
    Alright done :D. This build took a while. but I found the best parts within your price range that matches what you want.

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($89.99 @ Newegg Canada)
    Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($59.99 @ Canada Computers)
    Memory: Patriot Viper 3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($64.30 @ Amazon Canada)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($64.99 @ Amazon Canada)
    Video Card: Asus Radeon HD 7770 1GB Video Card ($99.99 @ Canada Computers)
    Case: Cooler Master Elite 360 ATX Mini Tower Case ($46.84 @ Expansys Canada)
    Power Supply: Antec Basiq Plus 550W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($59.99 @ NCIX)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($15.79 @ DirectCanada)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($97.99 @ NCIX)
    Monitor: AOC e2250Swdn 60Hz 22.0" Monitor ($109.99 @ Canada Computers)
    Total: $709.86
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-21 19:19 EDT-0400)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Gameplay to expect: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7-HWUgzc-Q
  3. i saw a case the fractal design core 1000.. i was wonderin if we are on a budget can we buil around that case?
  4. or maybe not. it uses a top mount psu
  5. THEliryc24 said:
    i saw a case the fractal design core 1000.. i was wonderin if we are on a budget can we buil around that case?


    I can if you really want that case but you would only save $5. If your not going to overclock, then I can rebuild it cheaper.

    Also a normal sized case isn't that big, and I can get a better one for a cheaper price.
  6. RazerZ said:
    THEliryc24 said:
    i saw a case the fractal design core 1000.. i was wonderin if we are on a budget can we buil around that case?


    I can if you really want that case but you would only save $5. If your not going to overclock, then I can rebuild it cheaper.

    Also a normal sized case isn't that big, and I can get a better one for a cheaper price.


    hey thanks for your concern i think we should just build a pc worth 500 with good upgrade ability so taht we can buy the monitor too and just upgrade later.. what do you think? i also would like a matx for size issues is that ok vs atx?
  7. THEliryc24 said:
    RazerZ said:
    THEliryc24 said:
    i saw a case the fractal design core 1000.. i was wonderin if we are on a budget can we buil around that case?


    I can if you really want that case but you would only save $5. If your not going to overclock, then I can rebuild it cheaper.

    Also a normal sized case isn't that big, and I can get a better one for a cheaper price.


    hey thanks for your concern i think we should just build a pc worth 500 with good upgrade ability so taht we can buy the monitor too and just upgrade later.. what do you think? i also would like a matx for size issues is that ok vs atx?



    I'm a bit confused. Do you mean a new system with a monitor included for $500? And yes matx is fine if you want to keep the size down.
  8. RazerZ said:
    THEliryc24 said:
    RazerZ said:
    THEliryc24 said:
    i saw a case the fractal design core 1000.. i was wonderin if we are on a budget can we buil around that case?


    I can if you really want that case but you would only save $5. If your not going to overclock, then I can rebuild it cheaper.

    Also a normal sized case isn't that big, and I can get a better one for a cheaper price.


    hey thanks for your concern i think we should just build a pc worth 500 with good upgrade ability so taht we can buy the monitor too and just upgrade later.. what do you think? i also would like a matx for size issues is that ok vs atx?



    I'm a bit confused. Do you mean a new system with a monitor included for $500? And yes matx is fine if you want to keep the size down.


    i do apologize for confusing you.. i mean a system (the tower only) for 500 with good upgrade ability iwas thingking may 4 gb of ram first something like that. thankyou man.
  9. THEliryc24 said:
    RazerZ said:
    THEliryc24 said:
    RazerZ said:
    THEliryc24 said:
    i saw a case the fractal design core 1000.. i was wonderin if we are on a budget can we buil around that case?


    I can if you really want that case but you would only save $5. If your not going to overclock, then I can rebuild it cheaper.

    Also a normal sized case isn't that big, and I can get a better one for a cheaper price.


    hey thanks for your concern i think we should just build a pc worth 500 with good upgrade ability so taht we can buy the monitor too and just upgrade later.. what do you think? i also would like a matx for size issues is that ok vs atx?



    I'm a bit confused. Do you mean a new system with a monitor included for $500? And yes matx is fine if you want to keep the size down.


    i do apologize for confusing you.. i mean a system (the tower only) for 500 with good upgrade ability iwas thingking may 4 gb of ram first something like that. thankyou man.


    Ah I see, sure we can do that but 8gb is worth it for a little more if your going to do gaming. Will have a new build soon :).
  10. Just finished. This is the closest I could do to your budget without sacrificing performance, but I did change some parts for better quality (take the case for example), so this new build is quite solid.

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($89.99 @ Newegg Canada)
    Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($59.99 @ Canada Computers)
    Memory: Corsair XMS3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($55.99 @ Amazon Canada)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($64.99 @ Amazon Canada)
    Video Card: Asus Radeon HD 7770 1GB Video Card ($99.99 @ Canada Computers)
    Case: Silverstone Redline Series RL04B ATX Mid Tower Case ($33.99 @ NCIX)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($24.99 @ Memory Express)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($15.79 @ DirectCanada)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($97.99 @ NCIX)
    Total: $543.71
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-21 22:52 EDT-0400)
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Monitors Build Systems