900$ New Gaming Build, Need help

Geekben99

Honorable
Aug 17, 2013
No mouse and keyboard included in this build but EVERYTHING else

Approximate Purchase Date:Soon

Budget Range: 900 Before, After if you really feel a certain part will significantly help my gaming experience

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, must be able to play all games at ultra or high with framerate of about 40+

Are you buying a monitor: Yes

Parts to Upgrade: None, I need everything

Do you need to buy OS: Yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg, Amazon

Parts Preferences: Best bang for buck.. so AMD

Overclocking: Eventually if i learn how

SLI or Crossfire:Not till way down the road

Your Monitor Resolution: You guys pick monitor

Additional Comments: Like i said, high-ultra setting with acceptable framerate for fps

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: Making transition from console

Solution
Ultra with a couple of settings turned down to High at the very least. For Ultra you'd probably need an Intel Cpu simply because they are so much better for gaming. If you can even up the budget by a hundred dollars I'd probably recommend an Intel h77 chipset motherboard(AsRock h77m for 70 dollars) with an Intel 3470 Cpu for 190. That would definitely give you Ultra settings in BF3. Wouldn't need a cooler then because your overclocking options are about nil, but it's still a nice setup.

The good thing is with the AMD rig, you can overclock though. So probably overclocked you'd be fine at Ultra on all settings at 1080p(which is what the monitor runs at).
Not easy, but this will get ya by for a while.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($109.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($84.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($58.65 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($254.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: NZXT Gamma Classic (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($34.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($57.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($18.49 @ Amazon)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
Monitor: Acer G236HLBbd 60Hz 23.0" Monitor ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $920.04
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-21 19:43 EDT-0400)

Respectable Cpu and motherboard, will work just fine for you and has some headroom to overclock or replace with an 8-core cpu later. Good price on Ram for 1866mhz. Psu is plenty big and will work just fine for you. Video card is about the best you can hope for with that budget, but it's a very solid performer. I've worked on that case before and I like it, especially at that price point. Included a Cpu cooler, but you can take that out of the build for the time being.

The monitor is mainly a personal choice, but this one will work just fine for you. I'm gaming on a very similar monitor and I love it. It's not the best or highest performing, but it gets the job done and has a good screen size. Included the obligatory optic drive and OS.

:edit: I did include other merchants, but they are all well respected so no worries there. It was necessary to find the best price. You can buy it all from just the two you prefer, but the price will be higher.

Ultra with a couple of settings turned down to High at the very least. For Ultra you'd probably need an Intel Cpu simply because they are so much better for gaming. If you can even up the budget by a hundred dollars I'd probably recommend an Intel h77 chipset motherboard(AsRock h77m for 70 dollars) with an Intel 3470 Cpu for 190. That would definitely give you Ultra settings in BF3. Wouldn't need a cooler then because your overclocking options are about nil, but it's still a nice setup.

The good thing is with the AMD rig, you can overclock though. So probably overclocked you'd be fine at Ultra on all settings at 1080p(which is what the monitor runs at).

Solution