Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

intel VS amd

Tags:
  • AMD
  • CPUs
  • Intel
Last response: in CPUs
Share
August 21, 2013 4:53:07 PM

hi guys my budget can handle those cpus

1-fx-6300

2-fx-8320

3-i5-3470

4-i3-3220

and this vga HD 7870 XT and iam playing on 1366x768 this which one is good for games

More about : intel amd

a b à CPUs
August 21, 2013 5:01:13 PM

aoa aoaa said:
hi guys my budget can handle those cpus

1-fx-6300

2-fx-8320

3-i5-3470

4-i3-3220

and this vga HD 7870 XT and iam playing on 1366x768 this which one is good for games


i5 3470 definitely.
m
0
l
a c 195 À AMD
a c 422 à CPUs
a b å Intel
August 21, 2013 5:05:44 PM

Strictly speaking gaming...
The i5 for sure. With the FX-8320 close behind. But at 720p, it won't really matter. Both the card and any of those CPUs are more than is necessary.
m
0
l
Related resources
August 21, 2013 5:06:39 PM

miggtt699 said:
aoa aoaa said:
hi guys my budget can handle those cpus

1-fx-6300

2-fx-8320

3-i5-3470

4-i3-3220

and this vga HD 7870 XT and iam playing on 1366x768 this which one is good for games


i5 3470 definitely.


so the i5 beats the amd fx-8320
m
0
l
August 21, 2013 5:07:52 PM

clutchc said:
Strictly speaking gaming...
The i5 for sure. With the FX-8320 close behind. But at 720p, it won't really matter. Both the card and any of those CPUs are more than is necessary.


so i5 with 7870 and 8gb of ram will be good for crysis 3 maxed out on this resolution 1366x768 if it will be good how much fps i will get
m
0
l

Best solution

a b à CPUs
August 21, 2013 5:12:12 PM

aoa aoaa said:
clutchc said:
Strictly speaking gaming...
The i5 for sure. With the FX-8320 close behind. But at 720p, it won't really matter. Both the card and any of those CPUs are more than is necessary.


so i5 with 7870 and 8gb of ram will be good for crysis 3 maxed out on this resolution 1366x768 if it will be good how much fps i will get


Acording to this article (http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/club3d_radeon_7870...), you should expect @1080P around 30-35 FPS, so let's just say that from 1080 > 720 There's a 50% improvement, you should be able to run it at around. 45-60 FPS
Share
August 21, 2013 5:13:44 PM

thanks for helping all
m
0
l
a c 195 À AMD
a c 422 à CPUs
a b å Intel
August 21, 2013 5:18:56 PM

aoa aoaa said:
clutchc said:
Strictly speaking gaming...
The i5 for sure. With the FX-8320 close behind. But at 720p, it won't really matter. Both the card and any of those CPUs are more than is necessary.


so i5 with 7870 and 8gb of ram will be good for crysis 3 maxed out on this resolution 1366x768 if it will be good how much fps i will get

Frame rate means very little if it is above the magic 30 fps that the human eye perceives as fluid motion. What is important is frame time. Your CPU and the HD 7870 will give you excellent game play with smooth frame rates at 720p when playing Crysis 3 on high/max settings.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
August 21, 2013 5:21:12 PM

clutchc said:
aoa aoaa said:
clutchc said:
Strictly speaking gaming...
The i5 for sure. With the FX-8320 close behind. But at 720p, it won't really matter. Both the card and any of those CPUs are more than is necessary.


so i5 with 7870 and 8gb of ram will be good for crysis 3 maxed out on this resolution 1366x768 if it will be good how much fps i will get

Frame rate means very little if it is above the magic 30 fps that the human eye perceives as fluid motion. What is important is frame time. Your CPU and the HD 7870 will give you excellent game play with smooth frame rates at 720p when playing Crysis 3 on high/max settings.


He can't do much about the graphics card since he's going to get a CPU, and I think AMD has already fixed those issues with crossfire and also frame times that were terrible with the latest update.
m
0
l
a c 195 À AMD
a c 422 à CPUs
a b å Intel
August 21, 2013 5:27:14 PM

miggtt699 said:


He can't do much about the graphics card since he's going to get a CPU, and I think AMD has already fixed those issues with crossfire and also frame times that were terrible with the latest update.


That's right. So far, my other machine with 2 x HD 7870s and the 13.8 beta driver is looking pretty good for being m-s free. I haven't seen any m-s raise its ugly head yet.
m
0
l
!