Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Is this CPU good for an upgrade or should I get something better

Last response: in CPUs
Share
August 21, 2013 9:58:44 PM

I have an amd Athlon II x2 250 processor. It is clocked at 3 ghz and I want something a bit more faster. Is the Amd Athlon II x2 270 clocked at 3.4 ghz be a good upgrade. I'm not too big into gaming, just need something a bit faster.

More about : cpu good upgrade

a b À AMD
a b à CPUs
August 21, 2013 10:05:00 PM

bhawks1831 said:
I have an amd Athlon II x2 250 processor. It is clocked at 3 ghz and I want something a bit more faster. Is the Amd Athlon II x2 270 clocked at 3.4 ghz be a good upgrade. I'm not too big into gaming, just need something a bit faster.


It would be a very small upgrade. If you can, get a phenom II x4. If your MB doesn't support it, get a athlon II x3.
m
0
l
August 22, 2013 6:20:39 AM

kirilmatthew said:
bhawks1831 said:
I have an amd Athlon II x2 250 processor. It is clocked at 3 ghz and I want something a bit more faster. Is the Amd Athlon II x2 270 clocked at 3.4 ghz be a good upgrade. I'm not too big into gaming, just need something a bit faster.


It would be a very small upgrade. If you can, get a phenom II x4. If your MB doesn't support it, get a athlon II x3.


I saw the athlon II x3, but is it faster than the II 270? Other than its a triple core. I couldn't find any Phenom around though, but yes my mb does support it
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b À AMD
a b à CPUs
August 22, 2013 6:24:22 AM

bhawks1831 said:
kirilmatthew said:
bhawks1831 said:
I have an amd Athlon II x2 250 processor. It is clocked at 3 ghz and I want something a bit more faster. Is the Amd Athlon II x2 270 clocked at 3.4 ghz be a good upgrade. I'm not too big into gaming, just need something a bit faster.


It would be a very small upgrade. If you can, get a phenom II x4. If your MB doesn't support it, get a athlon II x3.


I saw the athlon II x3, but is it faster than the II 270? Other than its a triple core. I couldn't find any Phenom around though, but yes my mb does support it


Get a phenom II x4 965 or 945 if you can. The athlon II x3 I'd much better then the X2. Not only that, but the X3 can potentially be "unlocked" into a phenom II x4 if you get lucky. Hope this helps.
Share
August 22, 2013 6:42:13 AM

kirilmatthew said:
bhawks1831 said:
kirilmatthew said:
bhawks1831 said:
I have an amd Athlon II x2 250 processor. It is clocked at 3 ghz and I want something a bit more faster. Is the Amd Athlon II x2 270 clocked at 3.4 ghz be a good upgrade. I'm not too big into gaming, just need something a bit faster.


It would be a very small upgrade. If you can, get a phenom II x4. If your MB doesn't support it, get a athlon II x3.

Is 'uncloked' another meaning of overclocking?
I saw the athlon II x3, but is it faster than the II 270? Other than its a triple core. I couldn't find any Phenom around though, but yes my mb does support it


Get a phenom II x4 965 or 945 if you can. The athlon II x3 I'd much better then the X2. Not only that, but the X3 can potentially be "unlocked" into a phenom II x4 if you get lucky. Hope this helps.


Is "unclocked" just another saying over overcloking
m
0
l
a b À AMD
a b à CPUs
August 22, 2013 7:15:07 AM

bhawks1831 said:
kirilmatthew said:
bhawks1831 said:
kirilmatthew said:
bhawks1831 said:
I have an amd Athlon II x2 250 processor. It is clocked at 3 ghz and I want something a bit more faster. Is the Amd Athlon II x2 270 clocked at 3.4 ghz be a good upgrade. I'm not too big into gaming, just need something a bit faster.


It would be a very small upgrade. If you can, get a phenom II x4. If your MB doesn't support it, get a athlon II x3.

Is 'uncloked' another meaning of overclocking?
I saw the athlon II x3, but is it faster than the II 270? Other than its a triple core. I couldn't find any Phenom around though, but yes my mb does support it


Get a phenom II x4 965 or 945 if you can. The athlon II x3 I'd much better then the X2. Not only that, but the X3 can potentially be "unlocked" into a phenom II x4 if you get lucky. Hope this helps.


Is "unclocked" just another saying over overcloking

In a sense. To explain, the athlon II x3s were initially phenom II x4s, but they weren't stable enough on one core. For this reason the core got disabled( along with the L3) and called an Athlon II x3. Some CPUs however have the capability of unlocking that fourth core and the L3 cache. That is what I'm referring to.
m
0
l
!