I have a Swiftech H220 and four Gentle Typhoons AP-15 (1850rpm) setup in a push/pull config to cool my i7 3930K.
I'm curious if there's a better configuration among the AIO coolers/fans or...is the next step in my unhealthy enthusiast addiction is a real water loop?
1. Is there a better AIO cooler (I've tried the H110 but didn't like how it fit on my Cosmos 2) nor that the 140mm fans weren't of the GT caliber.
2. Are there better 120mm fans out there than GTs? (I know this has been asked a thousand times...but humor me if you have time...there could be a new fan on the market that beats them)
3. Oh yeah, does static pressure matter when the fans are put in a push/pull config or only when a single direction is used?
1) If you can fit a 280 in your case, then the Kraken X60 is better: http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/coolers/display/nzxt-k...
2)How do you define better? If you want to know if there are fans that push more air, then yes, there are plenty. But the AP-15s still give your the best radiator airflow for the noise. What matters most in the fans you'll be running on the rad?
3) Yes, static pressure matters, but you've probably heard a lot of misinformation about it. It's not just about static pressure or airflow ratings, both of those are nearly meaningless without a P-Q curve. You'll hear folks saying that what matters for radiator fans is static pressure; there is truth to this, but the obvious statistic that matters is airflow *through a given radiator*.