Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6450 1 GB graphic card for HDMI out for Windows xp OS, Dual Core Processor , Intel DG41RQI Motherboard

Tags:
  • TV
  • Graphics Cards
  • Monitors
  • HD
  • Graphics
Last response: in Displays
August 22, 2013 3:37:28 AM

I recently purchased a Smart HD TV.
I want to connect my desktop pc to it.

My Processor is 32 bit. so my os is 32 bit. and is Windows xp sp3.
Processor is Core 2 Duo Processor E4600, LGA775

2.40 GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 800 MHz FSB

Mother board is Intel DG41RQI


My primary goal is to use The TV as an additional monitor through HDMI.
No games.movies may be yes. redirecting tv streams from internet to tv yes.
browsing the net using firefox and tv as monitor yes.

all applications tv as monitor yes.
able to use the present monitor as monitor yes.

able to use both tv and monitor and two different contents on two screens may be

After browsing for the past two to three days,

I figure either NVIDIA or AMD/ATI Radeon.

further , I figured

AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6450 1 GB DDR3 Graphics Card .

and now I need clarity in

His Silence HD 6450 1GB or His Fan HD 6450 1GB or His Fan HD 6450 2GB

or PowerCooler HD 6450 or Sapphire HD 6450 1 GB.

or shall I check NVIDIA again.

His has Fan . so I suppose cooling.and I also read that Eyefinity is there too.

where as Powercooler has windows xp drivers.

is Eyefinity there for all AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6450?

I suppose my PSU supports 400w.

and Windows XP dirivers for all the above are available?

But presently I have only 1GB ddr2 ram for my whole PC.

will that be ok, if I buy either of the above? or do I need to upgrade it also?

I don't have ddr3 slots on my mother board.

i have to buy either 1gb ddr2 or 2gb dd2 or 4gb dd2. which i will do only if that is the best possible option.

I will upgrade to windows 7- 32 bit if again that is a must.

Thank you all, including the site "tomshardware.com" ,for all the detail I am able to put for my need.

and thanks in advance for your answers.

More about : amd ati radeon 6450 graphic card hdmi windows dual core processor intel dg41rqi motherboard

a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
August 22, 2013 4:28:54 AM

All cards will work so get the cheapest one. The 6450 is fine for what you do. If it's cheaper you could also get the 5450 As well. It will not have any problems.
m
0
l
August 22, 2013 5:06:47 AM

kirilmatthew said:
All cards will work so get the cheapest one. The 6450 is fine for what you do. If it's cheaper you could also get the 5450 As well. It will not have any problems.

I zeroed-in on

His Fan AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6450 1 GB graphic card. as it has fan , so for cooling.

but I see only that It supports windows 7 only.

Where as I have read that

Powercooler supports windows XP also.

I wish to know whether I can get drivers for

His Fan AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6450 for windows xp- 32 bit also.
also can I run two different applications, one on hd tv, and one on normal monitor with the
His Fan AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6450
or
Powercooler AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6450?

will my 1GB ddr2 SDRAM will be fine?or I need more?
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
August 22, 2013 5:10:22 AM

lmohanseshuk said:
kirilmatthew said:
All cards will work so get the cheapest one. The 6450 is fine for what you do. If it's cheaper you could also get the 5450 As well. It will not have any problems.

I zeroed-in on

His Fan AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6450 1 GB graphic card. as it has fan , so for cooling.

but I see only that It supports windows 7 only.

Where as I have read that

Powercooler supports windows XP also.

I wish to know whether I can get drivers for

His Fan AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6450 for windows xp- 32 bit also.
also can I run two different applications, one on hd tv, and one on normal monitor with the
His Fan AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6450
or
Powercooler AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6450?

will my 1GB ddr2 SDRAM will be fine?or I need more?


The 6450 doesn't really need a fan. A fan will just make stuff louder. I had a radeon 5450 fanless and it ran cool and obviously without making any noise. The drivers are unimportant: AMD drivers work with windows XP, all cards use these drivers. Just get the cheapest one. This is the cheapest GPU you can buy, no use spending any more money on it then you have to.
Share
August 26, 2013 1:24:15 AM

kirilmatthew said:
lmohanseshuk said:
kirilmatthew said:
All cards will work so get the cheapest one. The 6450 is fine for what you do. If it's cheaper you could also get the 5450 As well. It will not have any problems.

I zeroed-in on

His Fan AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6450 1 GB graphic card. as it has fan , so for cooling.

but I see only that It supports windows 7 only.

Where as I have read that

Powercooler supports windows XP also.

I wish to know whether I can get drivers for

His Fan AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6450 for windows xp- 32 bit also.
also can I run two different applications, one on hd tv, and one on normal monitor with the
His Fan AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6450
or
Powercooler AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6450?

will my 1GB ddr2 SDRAM will be fine?or I need more?


The 6450 doesn't really need a fan. A fan will just make stuff louder. I had a radeon 5450 fanless and it ran cool and obviously without making any noise. The drivers are unimportant: AMD drivers work with windows XP, all cards use these drivers. Just get the cheapest one. This is the cheapest GPU you can buy, no use spending any more money on it then you have to.


Without fan , His 6450 Hd is not available in India.
with fan costs Rs.2700/-. His 5450 Costs Rs 2200/- . Even that also has fan.

without Fan HD 6450 is there in Autralia on ebay . and costs 70 Aus $. which Rs 4508/-.

I bought with fan 6450 (His) in india . and yesterday i installed on my computer.

Everything is fine. except that, thru HDMI, from computer , only video is coming , and audio is not coming.
what should i do about it. or audio won't come. also.

system is saying that , it is not able to find a driver for "SM Bus Controller."

some where else in this site i read about AMD forgetting about "SM Bus Controller" driver.

now in my case.
I want to know where might be my "SM Bus Controller".

in my inbuilt "Intel Graphic Accelator Chip" or in my "His 6450 HD AMD/ATI Radeon 1GB Graphic card."

for which I should load the driver. the system says , the driver is not on the cd-rom provided along with graphic card.

so is it intel's? or AMD forgot about SM Bus Controller Driver?

if it is Intel's , downloading it from intel site (my mother board is DG41RQI) ( I have the mother board cd with me)
(how to get only sm bus cntroller driver only?)

and installing it will affect the graphic card (driver)?

as the instruction in graphic card installation said remove any graphic driver.

Please give me a solution.

Thanks in advance.

Mohan
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
August 26, 2013 1:59:57 AM

Did you download the drivers for your GPU from the AMD website?
m
0
l
August 26, 2013 2:12:17 AM

kirilmatthew said:
Did you download the drivers for your GPU from the AMD website?


No. I took it from the cd-rom they gave me. as mine is windows-xp, and its given that , windows xp , is there in that cd-rom , i went for the cd-rom. as you have said before, all drivers are from amd only , if windows xp were not there in cd - rom , i would definetly have gone for amd site.

so we can't tell it is actually amd sm bus or intel sm bus , the system is talking about or can we find out by any means?
m
0
l
August 28, 2013 11:08:18 PM

kirilmatthew said:
Did you download the drivers for your GPU from the AMD website?




No. I took it from the cd-rom they gave me. as mine is windows-xp, and its given that , windows xp , is there in that cd-rom , i went for the cd-rom. as you have said before, all drivers are from amd only , if windows xp were not there in cd - rom , i would definetly have gone for amd site.

so we can't tell it is actually amd sm bus or intel sm bus , the system is talking about or can we find out by any means?


Today I took the latest driver from net from amd site and installed it.

---------------------------------------


AMD Catalystâ„¢ Display Driver
for Windows XP Professional/Home

AMD Catalyst Packages
Optional Downloads

Name File Size Revision Number Release
Date Download
Link
Catalyst Software Suite 95.6 MB 13.4 4/24/2013 Download
Description:
Package contains the following graphics drivers and dependent/required software for the products specified in the current version's official release notes:
Display Driver ver. 9.00.100.10
Catalyst Control Center ver. 2013.0411.1217.20180

---------------------------------------

still the SM Bus Controller driver problem is there.

when I check my system, it shows the below thing.
-----------------------------------------------------------

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: AMD Radeon HD 6450
Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x6779)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Display Memory: 1024.0 MB
Driver Name: ati2dvag.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.7279 (English)
DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 4/11/2013 23:14:52, 306176 bytes
Mini VDD: ati2mtag.sys
Mini VDD Date: 4/11/2013 23:24:48, 6850048 bytes
Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_C ModeMPEG2_D

--------------------
Sound Devices
-------------
Description: Realtek HD Audio output
Default Sound Playback: Yes
Default Voice Playback: Yes
Driver Name: RtkHDAud.sys
Driver Version: 5.10.0000.6873 (English)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Date and Size: 3/29/2013 21:42:40, 5444680 bytes
Other Files:
Driver Provider: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
---------------------

so I' still not sure whether it is AMD SM Bus Controller or Intel SM BUs controller.

if it is AMD's , is it my windows xp sp3 that is giving problem?
how can I solve this?
well not any particular problem because of that now.
has to check Smart TV Audio signal is received from graphic card or not though?

Please don't take my data as more than necessary. I don't know what is necessary.

I tried 3 to 5 drivers of AMD SM bus (old though) for some , my anti virus is raising trojan objections.

Thanks in advance.
Mohan
m
0
l
September 9, 2013 10:23:03 PM

lmohanseshuk said:
kirilmatthew said:
Did you download the drivers for your GPU from the AMD website?




No. I took it from the cd-rom they gave me. as mine is windows-xp, and its given that , windows xp , is there in that cd-rom , i went for the cd-rom. as you have said before, all drivers are from amd only , if windows xp were not there in cd - rom , i would definetly have gone for amd site.

so we can't tell it is actually amd sm bus or intel sm bus , the system is talking about or can we find out by any means?


Today I took the latest driver from net from amd site and installed it.
Still It is raising SM Bus Problem.
Mohan


Finally I figured out that , the SM Bus Controller is in my Intel Chipset , which is attached to My Intel Mother Board.
I loaded the chipset drivers from my motherboard drivers CD. The problem got fixed.
Again I took the latest drivers of that Intel Chipset of that particular MotherBoard from Intel site, and updated it.

And about sound from computer speakers only , not from Smart Tv, (when video is coming from PC), I saw some where else in TomsHardware site
about setting in windows control panel about audio output device and set it to my AMD RTI Card Audio out put. now sound is coming through hdmi port of audio card to tv through hdmi cable , and to TV speakers.

I can reset it to PC speakers just by resetting the audio ouput device option.

Thanks to TomsHardware site. and

thanks to "kirilmatthew" for answering/clearing my queries/doubts

and to all those who post and answer.

Thank you very much.
Regards
Moahn
m
0
l