Solved

Building first Gaming System

Hi I'm going to be building my first custom gaming PC but I'm not sure if all the parts are correct or compatible with each other so if someone could take a look for me I'd very much appreciate it. http://secure.newegg.com/Shopping/ShoppingCart.aspx?Submit=view I already have a 850 watt power supply waiting so it's not on the list. Oh and my budget is around $800.00
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about building gaming system
  1. death759 said:
    Hi I'm going to be building my first custom gaming PC but I'm not sure if all the parts are correct or compatible with each other so if someone could take a look for me I'd very much appreciate it. http://secure.newegg.com/Shopping/ShoppingCart.aspx?Submit=view I already have a 850 watt power supply waiting so it's not on the list. Oh and my budget is around $800.00

    The link says that the cart is empty..:(
  2. You'll need to provide a list. Newegg shopping carts cannot be linked to.
  3. Just copy and paste the cart contents to the forum.
  4. clarkjd said:
    death759 said:
    Hi I'm going to be building my first custom gaming PC but I'm not sure if all the parts are correct or compatible with each other so if someone could take a look for me I'd very much appreciate it. http://secure.newegg.com/Shopping/ShoppingCart.aspx?Submit=view I already have a 850 watt power supply waiting so it's not on the list. Oh and my budget is around $800.00

    The link says that the cart is empty..:(

    Sorry bout that.
    ASUS DVD Burner Black SATA Model DRW-24B3ST/BLK/G/AS
    NZXT Phantom PHAN-002OR Newegg Exclusive Black Finish w/Orange Trim Steel / Plastic Enthusiast ATX Full Tower Computer Case
    Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - OEM
    ECS A75F2-A2(1.0) FM2 AMD A75 (Hudson D3) SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard
    GIGABYTE GV-N760OC-4GD GeForce GTX 760 4GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready WindForce 3X 450W Video Card
    G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL
    AMD A10-5800K Trinity 3.8GHz (4.2GHz Turbo) Socket FM2 100W Quad-Core Desktop APU (CPU + GPU) with DirectX 11 Graphic AMD Radeon HD 7660D AD580KWOHJBOX
  5. Best answer
    death759 said:

    Sorry bout that.
    ASUS DVD Burner Black SATA Model DRW-24B3ST/BLK/G/AS
    NZXT Phantom PHAN-002OR Newegg Exclusive Black Finish w/Orange Trim Steel / Plastic Enthusiast ATX Full Tower Computer Case
    Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - OEM
    ECS A75F2-A2(1.0) FM2 AMD A75 (Hudson D3) SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard
    GIGABYTE GV-N760OC-4GD GeForce GTX 760 4GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready WindForce 3X 450W Video Card
    G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL
    AMD A10-5800K Trinity 3.8GHz (4.2GHz Turbo) Socket FM2 100W Quad-Core Desktop APU (CPU + GPU) with DirectX 11 Graphic AMD Radeon HD 7660D AD580KWOHJBOX

    I would suggest getting a black WD instead of the blue. Better performance and warranty. Also, you don't really need 850 watts for your PSU, unless you are planning to overclock and do SLI. I think a good quality 600 watt from Corsair, Seasonic, Antec, PCP&C, XFX, or Enermax would be fine for this build.
  6. clarkjd said:
    death759 said:

    Sorry bout that.
    ASUS DVD Burner Black SATA Model DRW-24B3ST/BLK/G/AS
    NZXT Phantom PHAN-002OR Newegg Exclusive Black Finish w/Orange Trim Steel / Plastic Enthusiast ATX Full Tower Computer Case
    Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - OEM
    ECS A75F2-A2(1.0) FM2 AMD A75 (Hudson D3) SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard
    GIGABYTE GV-N760OC-4GD GeForce GTX 760 4GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready WindForce 3X 450W Video Card
    G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL
    AMD A10-5800K Trinity 3.8GHz (4.2GHz Turbo) Socket FM2 100W Quad-Core Desktop APU (CPU + GPU) with DirectX 11 Graphic AMD Radeon HD 7660D AD580KWOHJBOX

    I would suggest getting a black WD instead of the blue. Better performance and warranty. Also, you don't really need 850 watts for your PSU, unless you are planning to overclock and do SLI. I think a good quality 600 watt from Corsair, Seasonic, Antec, PCP&C, XFX, or Enermax would be fine for this build.



    Yea I plan on going sli sooner or later, but I might change my mind as my wallet is pretty tight at the moment. Thanks for the recommendation, I'll probably switch it to black.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Power Supplies Compatibility Systems