Is 450 Watts PSU Enough For These Specs?

Solution
You probably mean either GTX 550 Ti or GTX 560 Ti. For the GTX 560 Ti, it will be a bit short, 500W would be better, for the other one it will be fine. Are you going to buy this build right now, or you already got everything except for the PSU ?
You probably mean either GTX 550 Ti or GTX 560 Ti. For the GTX 560 Ti, it will be a bit short, 500W would be better, for the other one it will be fine. Are you going to buy this build right now, or you already got everything except for the PSU ?

Solution

lewdan

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012

I have the 550 Ti, sorry for the typo

And yes, I've built this already, running on the PSU

"450w" is not sufficient information to tell you if you PSU is good enough. two 450w PSU's can be designed very differently, with different amps on the +12v rail (most important consideration in a gaming system PSU).

what is the make model of your PSU?

lewdan

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012

Thank you for the help, I'm a bit of a newb with computers, so if my PSU doesn't have enough watts does that mean the PC wont turn on at all?

lewdan

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012

Do not know the exact model but it's a vibox one, black & has a fan

Vaxorth25

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2009
It should be, but there are a couple factors that can change this. What brand is it? How many Amps on the 12V rail(s)? Do you already own it or are you in the market for one?

To personally answer these questions, I would start at looking at some brands like Corsair, PC Power and Cooling, Antec, even Cooler Master and Thermaltake make nice units.

When I refer to Amps, that is mostly for the health of your GPU and PSU over time, you defiantly do not want to starve the GPU or push the PSU too far. I would feel safe with recommending a PSU with at least 36 Amps on the rail(s) to give you ample head room. (Considering I would guess that you are talking about a GTX 560 Ti)

And if you do have said PSU already, please post some of the specs on the side of the unit so that we can give you more advise. I hope this helps, and happy building!

Vaxorth25

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2009
Sorry, i realized that I was a little late to the party when I first responded. TBH, I have never heard of Vibox in my entire time of building until this very post. I would be very very skeptical about that PSU. If it runs, great, but please be aware that off-brands like that have a tendency to be made with lower quality parts. The saying "you get what you pay for" really does apply to PSUs.