Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Will a GTX 660 And i5 3570k Handle BF4 On Ultra?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
August 22, 2013 3:03:06 PM

So I'm just wondering if this PC will run Battlefield 4 On Ultra. It Plays Battlefield 3 on Ultra, and all Other Settings On max, at an average of 88 FPS according to Fraps ( Caspian Border Map, 64 Player Match) A minimum of 52, and a maximum of 140. Here are the specs.

GTX 660 2GB GDDR3
i5 3570k @3.4GHZ
8GB RAM @1333mhz
Running on 1600x900
August 22, 2013 3:08:30 PM

It looks like BF4 will be about as resource intensive as Crysis 3, so I wouldn't count on being able to run it on ultra, but you should be able to run it on settings that look good.
m
0
l
August 22, 2013 3:16:55 PM

cuecuemore said:
It looks like BF4 will be about as resource intensive as Crysis 3, so I wouldn't count on being able to run it on ultra, but you should be able to run it on settings that look good.


Source? I'd say as a guess take your BF3 (Or benchmarks if you don't own the game) and subtract 10fps. This would be a worst case scenario as Frostbite 3 will be better optimized, we hope.
m
0
l
Related resources
August 22, 2013 3:18:10 PM

At that resolution, probably yes.
m
0
l
August 22, 2013 3:25:30 PM

Here are Some benchmarks
NOTE: Settings Ultra, MSAA X4, Anisotropic X16, HBAO, Motion Blur, All Other Settings Ultra, 1600x900 Resolution


2013-08-20 17:58:56 - bf3
Frames: 21264 - Time: 240225ms - Avg: 88.517 - Min: 50 - Max: 145

2013-08-20 18:22:04 - bf3
Frames: 700 - Time: 9551ms - Avg: 73.291 - Min: 59 - Max: 88

2013-08-20 18:22:37 - bf3
Frames: 24893 - Time: 302468ms - Avg: 82.300 - Min: 52 - Max: 164
m
0
l
August 22, 2013 3:40:05 PM

I don't know whether that is a good or bad thing looking at those benchmarks.
m
0
l
August 22, 2013 3:47:09 PM

It says on 1080p it was a minimum of 21 and a max of 28, It surely couldn't have been that much of a drop from what I normally get on BF3 which is 88?
m
0
l
August 22, 2013 6:15:25 PM

Couple things to note:
1) Benchies I linked are at 1080/1600p, you're running 16x9, and a 660 only does 60 fps at 1080p as opposed to 88 at 16x9.
2) BF4 is a whole new engine and designed to shine on next-gen consoles. We should expect it to be *at least* as demanding as Crysis 3.
3) Drivers will likely be optimized for BF4 after it comes out. But...
4)This is an alpha build:
"DICE warned that the Alpha version of the game does not represent the final quality of BF4. Keep in mind that the alpha will likely be both missing most level textures and not fully optimized."

Add all of that together, and we don't really know what to expect. *MY GUESS* is that a halving of framerates from BF3 Ultra -> Bf4 Ultra is completely reasonable.

EDIT: They Crysis 3 footage you linked was from the beta, which required a lot less GPU power than the release. A GTX 660 averages 22 fps at 1080p with everything maxed out.
m
0
l
August 22, 2013 6:47:31 PM

cuecuemore said:
Couple things to note:
1) Benchies I linked are at 1080/1600p, you're running 16x9, and a 660 only does 60 fps at 1080p as opposed to 88 at 16x9.
2) BF4 is a whole new engine and designed to shine on next-gen consoles. We should expect it to be *at least* as demanding as Crysis 3.
3) Drivers will likely be optimized for BF4 after it comes out. But...
4)This is an alpha build:
"DICE warned that the Alpha version of the game does not represent the final quality of BF4. Keep in mind that the alpha will likely be both missing most level textures and not fully optimized."

Add all of that together, and we don't really know what to expect. *MY GUESS* is that a halving of framerates from BF3 Ultra -> Bf4 Ultra is completely reasonable.

EDIT: They Crysis 3 footage you linked was from the beta, which required a lot less GPU power than the release. A GTX 660 averages 22 fps at 1080p with everything maxed out.


This. A 660 will play BF4 just fine, and it will look good, but not on ultra.
m
0
l
August 22, 2013 10:53:04 PM

probably not on ultra, but with mid-high details. I could run bf3 on ultra 4xmsaa with one 660 at 60fps pretty constant (vsync on), expect bf4 to be more demanding, probably will be running at medium-high detail settings if you want good fps. ultra might be do-able, but fps might be more around 30fps on average.
m
0
l
August 23, 2013 1:03:23 PM

the bf 4 benchmarks are not accurate wait till they post the real ones coz it was alpha benchmarks
m
0
l
October 3, 2013 5:09:11 AM

i have a problem to with my gtx660 bf3 on ultra works just fine but on beta bf4 LOW MEDIUM HIGH ULTRA have the same problem at some point in mid of the game when you play it has those small frezz moments :/ 
m
0
l
October 7, 2013 3:24:43 PM

I'm running on the beta...
EVGA SuperClocked Geforce GTX 660 (getting a second one later this month)
Intel i7 3770k @ 4.2 GHz
32 GB RAM @ 1600 MHz
Running at 1920 x 1080
I get ~ 64 FPS on High
~ 35 FPS on Ultra

You'll be fine
I will be uploading a video showing off the capabilities that the GTX 660 on BF 4 has
m
0
l
October 8, 2013 12:20:23 AM

GeEkOfWiReS1097 said:
I'm running on the beta...
EVGA SuperClocked Geforce GTX 660 (getting a second one later this month)
Intel i7 3770k @ 4.2 GHz
32 GB RAM @ 1600 MHz
Running at 1920 x 1080
I get ~ 64 FPS on High
~ 35 FPS on Ultra

You'll be fine
I will be uploading a video showing off the capabilities that the GTX 660 on BF 4 has

Hey.I tried the beta Getting 50-60FPS ultra with a few tweaks. But alot of lag spikes! I hope they fix it soon.
m
0
l

Best solution

October 8, 2013 3:41:07 PM

Keyes said:
GeEkOfWiReS1097 said:
I'm running on the beta...
EVGA SuperClocked Geforce GTX 660 (getting a second one later this month)
Intel i7 3770k @ 4.2 GHz
32 GB RAM @ 1600 MHz
Running at 1920 x 1080
I get ~ 64 FPS on High
~ 35 FPS on Ultra

You'll be fine
I will be uploading a video showing off the capabilities that the GTX 660 on BF 4 has

Hey.I tried the beta Getting 50-60FPS ultra with a few tweaks. But alot of lag spikes! I hope they fix it soon.

Lag spikes are on the server's end because they're unable to handle certain loads, when the full game releases the 29th, it'll be better because Dice will release a revised and more efficient dedicated BF4 server software package, this is why they have a BF Open Beta, to strain the servers as much as possible to determine what software and hardware refinements are necessary.
Share
!