Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Looking for the Best 720P Gaming monitor for (120-150$)

Tags:
  • Gaming
  • Monitors
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
August 23, 2013 10:07:44 AM

Hi guys,I'm finishing my build for gaming PC ,all is left is a monitor.I am looking for a 720p monitor(1280x1024 or 1366x768 resolutions,LED,LCD,with at least 5ms response time) for around 120-150$.Here are my other spec http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1vlxC
You may say Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 Ghz edition may be OK for gaming at 1080p ,but i want to play at 720p with ultra graphics,also i'm low on budget so i can't really afford extreme 1080p gaming

Thanks in advance

More about : 720p gaming monitor 120 150

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
a b C Monitor
August 23, 2013 10:15:38 AM

Buy a 1080p monitor, and rework your build to something like:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.97 @ Outlet PC)
Motherboard: ASRock H77M Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($58.65 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($199.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 600W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $719.89
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-23 13:14 EDT-0400)

Your original build was 708, so 11 dollars more and quite an increase in performance. This WILL play games on ultra @ 1080p.

:edit: I noticed the money spent out of pocket is more at first though. However, if your budget for a monitor is up to 150, you can find a good one for less than that and use it for this build. I didn't include a monitor either, so here ya go:

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/acer-monitor-umvg6aab01 120 for a good brand, everything else is up to you specs(except the resolution, but I hope I've changed your mind).
Share
Related resources
August 23, 2013 11:09:22 AM

Swordkd said:
Buy a 1080p monitor, and rework your build to something like:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.97 @ Outlet PC)
Motherboard: ASRock H77M Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($58.65 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($199.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 600W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $719.89
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-23 13:14 EDT-0400)

Your original build was 708, so 11 dollars more and quite an increase in performance. This WILL play games on ultra @ 1080p.

:edit: I noticed the money spent out of pocket is more at first though. However, if your budget for a monitor is up to 150, you can find a good one for less than that and use it for this build. I didn't include a monitor either, so here ya go:

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/acer-monitor-umvg6aab01 120 for a good brand, everything else is up to you specs(except the resolution, but I hope I've changed your mind).


Thanks for helping me out,this is my original build for 1080p gaming for about 1000$ including FHD IPS monitor(can be less with some minor changes),frankly speaking i have never played on 1080p monitors just 720p,i know 1080p would be much better than 720p ,but its not so bad either.Also i don't think not OC-ed Radeon HD 7950 can run games like battlefield 3 on ultra at 1080p,but GTX 760 OC will.Still for upcoming games like battlefield 4 e.t.c i think GTX 760 will have hard time to play all ultra on 1080p,thats why if i go with 1080p i will take GTX 770 OC which i can't afford right now.I really don't know what to think now,If my build for 720p is OK without any issues and my budget wont change i will go 720p,if my budget changes i will go with your solution 1080p build
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b C Monitor
August 23, 2013 11:34:13 AM

I just don't like the idea of planning to game at 720p with a brand new Pc that you are building. That particular 7950 is the MSI Twin Frozr card, and has a very good cooling unit on it. Meaning it can be overclocked like a beast. The 7950 doesn't give up a lot in gaming performance from the 760, and at 200 dollars is a much better value than the 760 at 260 dollars. Most games there was a 5 or 6fps difference at 1080p on Ultra graphics. Here:



So 14 fps between the two cards, but both are above 60 so it's a moot point. Also, overclocking a Radeon is more effective than overclocking a 760. That 760 is also one of the best out right now, so keep that in mind.
m
0
l
August 23, 2013 12:01:03 PM

Swordkd said:
I just don't like the idea of planning to game at 720p with a brand new Pc that you are building. That particular 7950 is the MSI Twin Frozr card, and has a very good cooling unit on it. Meaning it can be overclocked like a beast. The 7950 doesn't give up a lot in gaming performance from the 760, and at 200 dollars is a much better value than the 760 at 260 dollars. Most games there was a 5 or 6fps difference at 1080p on Ultra graphics. Here:



So 14 fps between the two cards, but both are above 60 so it's a moot point. Also, overclocking a Radeon is more effective than overclocking a 760. That 760 is also one of the best out right now, so keep that in mind.


Thanks again for helping me out,i will rearange my budget maybe i will be ale to go with 1080p what you suggested.If i'm unable then i wonder what is the reason for you to suggest me go with 1080p?is ithere really so much difference between them in terms of gaming?because i haven't played at 1080p yet, or are there some issues with my 720p hardware configuration?
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b C Monitor
August 23, 2013 12:06:56 PM

If you only wanted to game at 720p that would be fine. You could save a lot of money if you did because even Crysis 3 wouldn't stress many middle to high end video cards at that resolution. There is nothing wrong with your build except that I think you can upgrade for the same money spent. Also, you yourself said it, that you could play at 1080p with your build but you were worried about FPS in some titles on Ultra settings. So with the redoing of your build, you get better performing parts that will undoubtedly let you game at 1080p for the same money spent.

It is also pointless in my opinion to spend more on a 720p only monitor, when you can buy a good 1080p monitor for less money.
m
0
l
August 23, 2013 12:50:13 PM

Swordkd said:
If you only wanted to game at 720p that would be fine. You could save a lot of money if you did because even Crysis 3 wouldn't stress many middle to high end video cards at that resolution. There is nothing wrong with your build except that I think you can upgrade for the same money spent. Also, you yourself said it, that you could play at 1080p with your build but you were worried about FPS in some titles on Ultra settings. So with the redoing of your build, you get better performing parts that will undoubtedly let you game at 1080p for the same money spent.

It is also pointless in my opinion to spend more on a 720p only monitor, when you can buy a good 1080p monitor for less money.

Thank you ,i really appreciate your help,I will definetely follow your advice if only my budget allows that,my original 720p build was 652$ with discounts,that was the price i was considering to pay not "base total",if i am wrong then i might even not be able to buy 720p build,so even 10$ matters for me...i will try to do as u suggested,thank you again for helping me out,all the best!
m
0
l
!