Solved

£600 Gaming PC

Hi there, back again guys! I need to help my friend build a gaming PC which will mainly involve MMORPG's such as: SWTOR, WoW, LoL etc.

I will be giving her an SSD but she needs the rest of the system built for circa £600 which is about $950.

The list of parts we've come up with so far is:

CPU - FX-6350
MOBO - 990FX UD3
GPU - 1GB XFX 7790
PSU - 600W Corsair CXM
CASE - Zalman Z11 Plus
MEM - Corsair XMS3
HDD - 1TB Cav Blue

Please make any changes you see fit! Thanks!
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 600 gaming
  1. Get an fx6300. Get the cheapest 8gb RAM kit you can. Upgrade the GPU to an hd7850.

Switch PSU to the XFX550. It is a much higher quality unit.
  2. Best answer
    I would recommend this build, it's a little over £600 (£625) but that's because it includes an OS with it :)

Here's the link http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1xIwZ

CPU - AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor
    Motherboard - MSI 970A-G43 ATX AM3+
    Memory (RAM) - G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
    Hard Drive - Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM
    Graphics Card - MSI Radeon HD 7950 3GB
    Case - NZXT Source 210 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case
    Power Supply - XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply
    DVD Drive - Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer (might not be required but it's so cheap I thought i'd add it in and if you didn't want the dvd drive your build would be £610)
    Operating System Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) (could be swapped with Windows 7 or if you don't want/need and OS then you could use the extra £70 for a different graphics card, more RAM or a better power supply so your build is more upgradeable in the future)

Hope I helped :)
  3. Thanks for giving me best solution.

good luck with your build and I hope your friend enjoys it!! :)
  4. Yebol said:
    I would recommend this build, it's a little over £600 (£625) but that's because it includes an OS with it :)

DVD Drive - Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer (might not be required but it's so cheap I thought i'd add it in and if you didn't want the dvd drive your build would be £610)
    Operating System Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) (could be swapped with Windows 7 or if you don't want/need and OS then you could use the extra £70 for a different graphics card, more RAM or a better power supply so your build is more upgradeable in the future)

That particular motherboard has no heatsinks on the VRMs and is known to overheat and even catch fire in many cases. switch it with a gigabyte or ASUS offering.
  5. tiny voices said:
    Yebol said:

That particular motherboard has no heatsinks on the VRMs and is known to overheat and even catch fire in many cases. switch it with a gigabyte or ASUS offering.

Has it, I thought MSI were a good brand for mobos or is it just that particular model I suggested?! Wow maybe don't go with that mobo and swap it, like tiny voices said for a Gigabyte or Asus one.
  6. Yes, it is just the particular model. MSI is an amazing company. I use an MSI board myself. That board specifically is just a dud.
  7. tiny voices said:
    Yes, it is just the particular model. MSI is an amazing company. I use an MSI board myself. That board specifically is just a dud.

Glad you said that quickly or this person would be a very unhappy customer and I would be the one that got the blame!
  8. Always glad to be able to help!
  9. tiny voices said:
    Always glad to be able to help!

:) btw, I know this is a little off topic but i'm new to Tom's Hardware so may I ask how you get your system information on the right side of every forum post you make for example yours says this "Intel i3 3225 | MSI Z77MA-G45 | Coolermaster Hyper T4 | 8gb RAM | SLI gtx560s | Antec HCG 750w | NZXT Vulcan"
  10. ^^ Don't worry! I found it. ^^
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming World Of Warcraft Systems