7850 Crossfire vs GTX 760

Solution
If you already have a 7850, go for crossfire. If not, go for the 760. Sure the 7850 cf gives the most performance, but it doesn't leave any room for growth.
You'll be much happier with a GTX 760 without the hassles of Crossfire. There are several distinct circumstances (DirectX 9 games, OpenGL games, multiple monitors, unsupported games) where Crossfire delivers performance that is no better than a single card. Add in the extra heat, noise, and power consumption of Crossfire; and the single GTX 760 is just a more attractive and hassle-free setup, but still with great performance to play most any game at Ultra settings.

gtx760 for sure. Crossfire has major issues, the latest driver from amd is an improvement, but judging from reviews, not as much of an improvement as is necessary for a recommendation. If you wanted 2 cheaper cards for a dual card config, 2x gtx650ti boost editions would be great.

Jul 21, 2013
Two Msi 7850PE/OC scare the hell out of a single gtx 760.
But remember they are power hungry too.
and ofc 2x 7850 will give u more vram also for gaming @ high resolutions.
And yes xfire don't have any issues. So chill!

2x 7850's give you the same vram (assuming 2gb models), you dont add the vram of dual cards together, the useable amount of vram is the same as one card. Both cards have their own copy of data in vram, they cant share it between them. "Xfire dont have any issues", have you been living under a rock?

Jul 21, 2013

Sorry for the mislead about the Vram :( . But I think Amd solved the xfire issue in their Latest updated drivers..

Only some not all, big difference.

"I think" and "I know" are two different things, and in this case very wrong and very misleading.

In any event, for me personally, I wouldn't want to play the upcoming Call of Duty: Ghosts and Batman: Arkham Origins without being able to enable the full PhysX effects, so the GTX 760 would be no question.

but the same could be said with AMD's mantle in its upcoming titles with BF4 and Thief......but Mantle has yet to prove itself.....

Good point, it remains to be seen though. My understanding is that Mantle will only improve performance; it won't add to the graphics quality like PhysX does. Apparently, there is some dissent as to whether it will really take off.

it will be a boutique option only available in select titles, like physx. Even then it looks like it will reduce cpu overhead more than increase performance, but we will see shortly.....

Djentleman

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011

Meh, if 3 months is short to you.

TRENDING THREADS