Solved

Low FPS problem in Crysis 3 on HD 7950

My Specs are :-

Processor - AMD FX 8350 @ 4.0 GHz
Motherboard - Asus M5A99 FX PRO R2.0
GPU - Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 7950 OC with Boost ( Vapor -x Wasn't available ._. )
RAM - G. Skill RipjawsX 4GB DDR3 CLS9 12800
PSU - SeaSonic S12ii 620 (Was low on money so couldn't get TX 650 :/ )
Chassis - Corsair 400R
HDD - Samsung 320 GB( Internal) and Seagate Free Agent GO Flex 500GB (External)

So the thing is I get 110 FPS in BF3 SIngle Player and between 50-110 in BF3 Multi player. Sometimes noticed some lag in COH 2 and getting like 25 FPS in Crysis 3 at ultra preset. So can you guys say what might be the problem? I am on 13.8 Beta drivers and use DXtory to measure FPS
14 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about low fps problem crysis 7950
  1. Best answer
    SteelSh0t said:
    My Specs are :-

    Processor - AMD FX 8350 @ 4.0 GHz
    Motherboard - Asus M5A99 FX PRO R2.0
    GPU - Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 7950 OC with Boost ( Vapor -x Wasn't available ._. )
    RAM - G. Skill RipjawsX 4GB DDR3 CLS9 12800
    PSU - SeaSonic S12ii 620 (Was low on money so couldn't get TX 650 :/ )
    Chassis - Corsair 400R
    HDD - Samsung 320 GB( Internal) and Seagate Free Agent GO Flex 500GB (External)

    So the thing is I get 110 FPS in BF3 SIngle Player and between 50-110 in BF3 Multi player. Sometimes noticed some lag in COH 2 and getting like 25 FPS in Crysis 3 at ultra preset. So can you guys say what might be the problem? I am on 13.8 Beta drivers and use DXtory to measure FPS


    A single 7950 isn't meant to run Crysis 3 at Ultra Preset/Very High. It doesn't have enough juice to run that demanding game. Crysis 3 is a really graphics and cpu power hog game.
  2. The problem is it's Crysis 3, and a 7950 averages 25 fps on ultra :(
  3. To run Crysis 3 the way you want you need to go Crossfire with that 7950. The beta Crossfire drivers are out and from what I have read they are doing very good.

    Also I would recommend going to 8gig ram. Are you running just one stick of 4gig or 2x2gig?
  4. bryonhowley said:
    To run Crysis 3 the way you want you need to go Crossfire with that 7950. The beta Crossfire drivers are out and from what I have read they are doing very good.

    Also I would recommend going to 8gig ram. Are you running just one stick of 4gig or 2x2gig?


    I am running on a single channel 4 GB RAM stick
    And some of my friends who have a single 7950 run Crysis 3 at very high preset at a solid 60 FPS. How so?
  5. SteelSh0t said:
    bryonhowley said:
    To run Crysis 3 the way you want you need to go Crossfire with that 7950. The beta Crossfire drivers are out and from what I have read they are doing very good.

    Also I would recommend going to 8gig ram. Are you running just one stick of 4gig or 2x2gig?


    I am running on a single channel 4 GB RAM stick
    And some of my friends who have a single 7950 run Crysis 3 at very high preset at a solid 60 FPS. How so?


    They're lying. There is no way a single 7950 can run Crysis 3 at very high preset @ SOLID 60FPS. A crossfired 7950 can.
  6. johnvonmacz said:
    SteelSh0t said:
    bryonhowley said:
    To run Crysis 3 the way you want you need to go Crossfire with that 7950. The beta Crossfire drivers are out and from what I have read they are doing very good.

    Also I would recommend going to 8gig ram. Are you running just one stick of 4gig or 2x2gig?


    I am running on a single channel 4 GB RAM stick
    And some of my friends who have a single 7950 run Crysis 3 at very high preset at a solid 60 FPS. How so?


    They're lying. There is no way a single 7950 can run Crysis 3 at very high preset @ SOLID 60FPS. A crossfired 7950 can.


    Umm but then how could my old GPU - GTX 465 ran Crysis 3 at medium settings at 40 FPS ?
    GTX 465 is quite inferior to a 7950
  7. SteelSh0t said:
    johnvonmacz said:
    SteelSh0t said:
    bryonhowley said:
    To run Crysis 3 the way you want you need to go Crossfire with that 7950. The beta Crossfire drivers are out and from what I have read they are doing very good.

    Also I would recommend going to 8gig ram. Are you running just one stick of 4gig or 2x2gig?


    I am running on a single channel 4 GB RAM stick
    And some of my friends who have a single 7950 run Crysis 3 at very high preset at a solid 60 FPS. How so?


    They're lying. There is no way a single 7950 can run Crysis 3 at very high preset @ SOLID 60FPS. A crossfired 7950 can.


    Umm but then how could my old GPU - GTX 465 ran Crysis 3 at medium settings at 40 FPS ?
    GTX 465 is quite inferior to a 7950


    Before you say GTX 465 is inferior to a 7950, try to run Crysis 3 @ medium settings not in Very High. You're saying your getting 40fps @ medium setting but how about on Ultra/Very High. I didn't see how GTX 465 is inferior to a 7950 when GTX 465 is only running @ medium while 7950 runs on Very High. There's huge difference in FPS running from medium to Very High.
  8. So do I run any benchmarks to see whether my GPU is defective or not? If yes then which benhmarking softwares ?
    Here's a month old benchmark scores of 3dmark 11 of my pc - www.3dmark.com/3dm/897715
  9. SteelSh0t said:
    So do I run any benchmarks to see whether my GPU is defective or not? If yes then which benhmarking softwares ?
    Here's a month old benchmark scores of 3dmark 11 of my pc - www.3dmark.com/3dm/897715


    Your GPU is not defective, it's just that Crysis 3 is too powerful for your GPU to handle. You can run BF3 no problem. I suggest try to run Crysis 3 at Medium Preset, it would still look gorgeous and the difference between Very High preset as not that high to the point medium looks bad plus, you might be able to get 60FPS on Medium settings.
  10. So my 3dmark scores are ok?
  11. SteelSh0t said:
    So my 3dmark scores are ok?


    Yup it's not bad. Also, you might consider adding an extra 4GB of RAM - 8GB in total, it can also be a bottleneck and another reason why get such low fps.
  12. So which RAM do u think I should get?
  13. Get a stick identical to your current 4GB one and run dual channel, much better.

    BTW, I play Crysis 3 on my 2500k @ 4.4 and GTX 670 at High preset, with shadows/shaders on medium, 2x SMAA (there are a load of different AA options in Crysis, SMAA is the best in terms of performance hit/image quality), 16x AF and 1080 resolution. FPS is typically between 50-80 in outdoor areas.

    Tweak your settings until you find some that work for your setup. Most important is choosing SMAA rather than MSAA or w/e the other options are.
  14. i have a gddr5 amd 7850 sapphire 2gbs and 8gb ram and AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series 4.0ghz and i cant get 60fps while playing crysis 3 on high/ultra high presets. is it just me or that game just just a power hogger?
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics