Sign in with
Your question

[€1,500 ~ €2,000 Build Budget] Requesting criticism / suggestions

Last response: in Components
August 23, 2013 11:00:20 PM

Hey guys,

I'm building my first PC and I'm trying to decide on the best parts / best value within this price range.

I've only just started, but here's what I'm thinking:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K (€314)
GPU: Asus GTX780 DC2 3 GB (€629)
RAM: G.Skill RipjawsX 16GB (2x8GB) (€119,90)
MOBO: ASRock Z87 Extreme4 ATX (€147,90)
CASE: Fractal Design R4 (€94,90) (Still undecided on this)
SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (€152,90)
HDD: Western Digital WD20EFRX 2TB Red (€99,90)
PSU: Undecided

I'm located in the Netherlands, so prices are based on Alternate.nl, let me know if you're aware of any better / cheaper alternatives.

It'll be intended as a general purpose / heavy gaming / music production PC (hence the 16 GBs of ram), and I'd like to minimize noise, which is why I'm thinking a single GTX 780 over SLI GTX 760s.

I'm flexible when it comes to price, so long as it seems worth it value-wise.
October 4, 2013 5:03:59 AM

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1KHlO Here you go my friend. You have lastest haswell cpu and you can overclock it to I think at least 3.8ghz or maybe 4.0ghz. You have a really good cpu cooler that is water cooled and you also have the amazing gaming motherboard from MSI. This motherboard has top-notch quality, it even has a gaming mode, it can fix your internet traffic so you get the best gaming experience if later on you want to do an sli or crossfire, it is totally ready for that. I gave you 16gb of the best ram out their. You will an amazing experience using or gaming with your computer. You get a 240gb ssd and top it of with a 2TB Hard Drive. I also I put in your choice of graphics card which is the 780. There is a blu-ray drive and a quiet cooler master 850w power supply. The case is just my personal preference, I just think it looks amazing and thats its fans are quiet. You can change the case if you want to.
m
l
!