Solved

Can a Gigabyte Z-77 DS3H Crossfire 2 7970s?

I remember seeing a MoBo close in price that can not crossfire. I planned on getting a second 7970 this winter and I am worried that it wont work.
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gigabyte ds3h crossfire 7970s
  1. It can crossfire two 7970s, but the second card will only have an x4 connection.
  2. Sakkura said:
    It can crossfire two 7970s, but the second card will only have an x4 connection.


    What does that mean?
  3. It means potentially worse performance. Ideally you'd want at least an x8 connection for each card.
  4. Sakkura said:
    It means potentially worse performance. Ideally you'd want at least an x8 connection for each card.


    How come when I look at the motherboard there is a free blue 16x pcie slot.
  5. Best answer
    The second x16 slot only has the electrical connections for the first 4 lanes. It's full-size to accomodate graphics cards.
  6. Sakkura said:
    The second x16 slot only has the electrical connections for the first 4 lanes. It's full-size to accomodate graphics cards.


    Ok I will look up benchmarks and see if it is worth doing. Thanks!
Ask a new question

Read More

Gigabyte Crossfire Motherboards