$600 MicroATX Gaming Build - All Suggestions Appreciated!

barimike99

Honorable
Aug 24, 2013
I hate bothering people but I'm in need of help! I've been out of the computer building world for a long time. My laptop was stolen last week however, and I need to put a new desktop together to replace it as soon as I can (mobility issues are solved with my tablet).

I'm looking to spend no more than $600 after rebates on a rig that will let me play games (BF4 looks like the most intensive game in the forseeable future) at the best graphics possible in my budget. Aside from gaming, the computer will be used for basic tasks. Most importantly I need it all to fit in the mATX case I have below.

What I've got selected so far is based on my research the last few days, but I'm feeling the effects of analysis by paralysis, so any and all input is appreciated. AMD or Intel, just looking to get the most that I can for my $600. If you think there's a part or combination that will work better, by all means, let me know!

The quieter the system the better, but I'm looking to get a real good base of parts that I can upgrade later should I feel like it's underperforming my needs. The case is the only part that I have so far, but it can be returned if you can suggest a smaller case without sacrificing overall performance.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($117.98 @ Outlet PC)
Motherboard: ASRock 880GM-LE FX Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($54.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($30.36 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 650 Ti 2GB Video Card ($138.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master NSE-200-KKN1 MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($30.00 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($24.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($83.88 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $541.16
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-24 13:39 EDT-0400)

Again, thanks for any and all help!

barimike99

Honorable
Aug 24, 2013
As I'm digging around on info for mATX amd boards to pair with the FX, I don't seem to be coming across newer, favorable suggestions. Would I have better success aiming for an i3-3220 based mATX build? I'll be honest, I don't know what the older AMD board is missing in comparison to new offerings.